Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So....I have a 2013 Grand Sport. Love the car and love the C6. However occasionally I would like a little more get up and go. So the question is, do I go out and throw a supercharger on it with some exhaust ($16k) or go pick up one of the C6 ZR1’s that are currently on the market. When all is said and done the ZR1 will increase my net investment a little over the cost of my GS with any ad ons. But will the ZR1 retain some additional value that my GS would never see. As well I am assuming that performance modifications on my current car may hurt my resale down the road. Not interested in a C7 at this time.

The ZR 1's are special indeed. I have seen some low milage examples out there. Someone said you have to be careful of the year you buy (later are better but cannot recall why). Somebody here will know.

Good luck.

So....I have a 2013 Grand Sport. Love the car and love the C6. However occasionally I would like a little more get up and go. So the question is, do I go out and throw a supercharger on it with some exhaust ($16k) or go pick up one of the C6 ZR1’s that are currently on the market. When all is said and done the ZR1 will increase my net investment a little over the cost of my GS with any ad ons. But will the ZR1 retain some additional value that my GS would never see. As well I am assuming that performance modifications on my current car may hurt my resale down the road. Not interested in a C7 at this time.
@Cariboocreek, get the ZR1. These are fast and collectable and will always be worth more than any moded C6. JMHO

agree agree agree.... The ZR1 is the way to go. This is a high performance car that came that way from the factory... with GM confidence in a full factory warranty as opposed to aftermarket mods and engine work...Always collectable and in demand.... A modded engine always raises eyebrows over how the car was treated... raced? driven hard and put awy wet? tires spun off it?...etc. etc. etc.... You mod for fun but don't expect to recover a fair return on your costs.... A stock ZR1 will get you your fair return and an easier sale when it comes time...

I saw a few listed on autotrader.ca. Winter would be a great time to buy if you can get one transported back home without risk of damage. Have fun with the search.
There are two locally as well with a dealer I have had good experiences with. The hunt is as a fun as the catch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.