Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Looks like the Detomaso Pantera will be reborn...... and I'm going to assume at a significantly higher price point than the C8. In 1988 or 89 I had an opportunity to purchase a 1974 gts5 - but I passed. Sh***y ride and obnoxiously loud was my impression, looking at their value now I have to say that a missed opportunity it was.

Attachments

• Pantera.jpg
    Pantera.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • pantera link.jpg
    pantera link.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 26
I also came close to buying a Pantera. Metro ford in Calgary had a blue one in the showroom for a very long time and I looked at it often. Told them I would make an offer if it was yellow because I hated the blue color. Got a call several weeks later inviting me down to talk. They had it painted yellow but the paint job was so bad I still had to pass. I had a couple friends who owned Panteras and they eventually sold them because of severe problems with rust.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Looks like the Detomaso Pantera will be reborn...... and I'm going to assume at a significantly higher price point than the C8. In 1988 or 89 I had an opportunity to purchase a 1974 gts5 - but I passed. Sh***y ride and obnoxiously loud was my impression, looking at their value now I have to say that a missed opportunity it was.
Interesting how would they do pop up headlights ? I guess limited manufacturing are exempt one of the reasons Vettes and for they matter other supercars all lost pop up headlights not permitted by law now. Nanny state says dangerous to pedestrians

Regards
Charles

Last edited:
Interesting....My brother in law has a 73 Pantera. It is a cool looking car but not my style. Although he has my nephew (his son) convinced they are the best. I keep pointing out my corvette is the same year and color but I guess dad has more persuasion.

T

I also came close to buying a Pantera. Metro ford in Calgary had a blue one in the showroom for a very long time and I looked at it often. Told them I would make an offer if it was yellow because I hated the blue color. Got a call several weeks later inviting me down to talk. They had it painted yellow but the paint job was so bad I still had to pass. I had a couple friends who owned Panteras and they eventually sold them because of severe problems with rust.
Obviously you have a great appreciation for proper colours. LOL

Reactions: C SEVEN GS Bob
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread