I have been mentioning this to various people about colours for the past couple of years.
Ceramic Matrix Grey and Carbon Flash Metallic were supposed to go away last year. They kept them after adding 3 colours for 2024 which pushed selections to 14.
Due to low sales, we have been due for a new yellow for the last 2 years. The silver has sold poorly and has also been due for a change.
Customers preferred the prior metallic orange so they decided to bring Sebring back, greens always sell poorly and never last more than a year usually.
Hypersonic Grey is a little surprising. In 2022 it replaced Dark Shadow Grey which was 4th from the bottom in 2020 and 3rd from the bottom in 2021.
Hypersonic jumped to tied for 3rd from the top in 2022 due to the C8R collectors edition and was in a solid 5th position for 2023 well ahead of Rapid Blue and is holding the 5th position so far in 2024. This now leaves only SeaWolf as the only silver/grey colour available for 2025 and that will change in 2026.
There have been more changes made with grey than any other colour with the last couple of generations of the car. They are currently deciding the colours for the 2027 model year. Black and White whether they call it Arctic white or not are always going to be there as two of the top 4 sellers. Torch Red is due for a name change and colour adjustment so don't be surprised if we get a revised Torch added by 2027.

Last edited:
Well I guess my Carbon Flash Metallic ERAY is one of the last you will see. My C6 GS was Supersonic Blue and it only lasted two years. I love Carbon Flash it has a real sheen to it.

Reactions: 61ratvette
I'm not sure of the logic here when they get rid of 7 colours, but only bring in 3 'new' ones.
It too bad (for me) that 'Carbon Flash Metallic' is gone, but at least the basic 'Black' has survived.
I caught a video showing the new purple, and while it looked very sharp, I would get tired of it real fast.
They made a deal with the devil by agreeing to reduce to 10 colours for 2025, if GM would let them keep 14 colours in 2024 and decide which way they want to go.
For those that want to know how your potential colour will end up after 2025 these will be the approximate numbers with Hysteria (see 1998 pace car Radar Blue for example) going away for 2026. Check out the C5 Millennium Yellow if your considering Competition Yellow for your 2025 order.
2025 PRODUCTION FORECAST
Torch Red 16%
Arctic White 15%
Black 14%
Red Mist Metallic 13%
SeaWolf Grey Metallic 13%
Riptide Blue Metallic 8%
Rapid Blue 7%
Sebring Orange Metallic 6%
Competition Yellow 5%
Hysteria 3%

Reactions: 1st Vette
Well I guess my Carbon Flash Metallic ERAY is one of the last you will see. My C6 GS was Supersonic Blue and it only lasted two years. I love Carbon Flash it has a real sheen to it.
Yes, my Stingray is Carbon Flash Metallic and I was hoping to get my E-Ray in the same thing.
Perhaps by the time I see an allocation it will be back, or my tastes will have changed.

Yes, my Stingray is Carbon Flash Metallic and I was hoping to get my E-Ray in the same thing.
Perhaps by the time I see an allocation it will be back, or my tastes will have changed.
When i picked up my new Z. there was a carbon flash stingray sitting beside it... 1st one i have seen up close, beautiful... living out of town on short span of gravel dark does not work..

• Sad
Agree with Mr. Corvette on the greens, they never last more than one year. Luckily for me, being a green enthusiast, my Cacti was built May 7, and will be making its way to me. 😀. IMO it’s a great colour.
Have you seen cacti in person? Pictures really look different due to lighting. I really love my cacti and not regret having it . You will love and enjoy driving. Lots of heads turn and thumbs up. Not many of this were built and mine I believe was the 1st cacti shipped to Canada.

Reactions: redpearl99
Have you seen cacti in person? Pictures really look different due to lighting. I really love my cacti and not regret having it . You will love and enjoy driving. Lots of heads turn and thumbs up. Not many of this were built and mine I believe was the 1st cacti shipped to Canada.
Yes, I have seen a few in person and really like the look. Glad you are enjoying yours. We were lucky to have ordered this year in order to get the Cacti!! Check out 1975 Pontiac Lakemist Green sometime, its very close. Enjoy your ride!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.