Dec 20, 2009
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Z51
Took the car out this morning for a drive and to pick up a few things from the store....After picking up the items I go to start the car up and the dreaded Check Engine light comes on .....Came home right away and hooked up my scanner and code PO442(evaporative leak)...Checked my gas cap and wouldnt you know it...It was loose :eek: ..lol

I filled up with gas a few days back I could have sworn I tightened it...I guess not tight enough .......Erased the code with the scanner re-tightned the cap and all is well

Took the car out this morning for a drive and to pick up a few things from the store....After picking up the items I go to start the car up and the dreaded Check Engine light comes on .....Came home right away and hooked up my scanner and code PO442(evaporative leak)...Checked my gas cap and wouldnt you know it...It was loose :eek: ..lol

I filled up with gas a few days back I could have sworn I tightened it...I guess not tight enough .......Erased the code with the scanner re-tightned the cap and all is well

A common problem. Glad you're fixed up.

Not sure if everyone has this link but It's very handy:

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

C.

Nice link CCO, I have the actual shop manuals for the vette 3 thick books :) or I should say the vette bible....lol...The manuals are awesome, complete break down of every nut and bolt

Will save your link in my favourites

Nice to know you have the 'bibles', Crusher. Excellent reference material.
You get discs or hard copy and how expensive?

C.

Nice to know you have the 'bibles', Crusher. Excellent reference material.
You get discs or hard copy and how expensive?

C.

I have the hard copy..Looked up the code in the manual and the diagnosis said to first check your gas cap :)

This is the one I have...It was around $195

Attachments

• 1422.jpg
    1422.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.