Wils

I'm New Here
Apr 30, 2024
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Car has 861km’s on it and just noticed that the check engine light came on. I called on star and they read the codes as P0700 and U1608. Anyone else experience this and how serious?

I had a similar start to my Corvette with those codes about 50-100km after initial CEL before the CEL stopped showing up . Good thing too as my dealership is so good that they ordered a new valve body last October and have still not heard a peep about it since I dont care because my car is running great and not willing to get it ripped apart for no reason but gees I got no confidence in the service department there. Hope yours is a nothing burger too pal

Reactions: Murray20c8
Car has 861km’s on it and just noticed that the check engine light came on. I called on star and they read the codes as P0700 and U1608. Anyone else experience this and how serious?
The C8 Corvette has been reported to experience various transmission-related error codes, including P0700 and U1608. These codes often indicate potential issues with the vehicle's transmission control module (TCM) or related systems.P0700 is a generic powertrain code that typically signals a problem with the transmission control system. It serves as a general indicator that the TCM has detected an issue and has stored one or more specific diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).The U1608 code, described as an "unknown DTC" stored in the TCM's history, has been observed in at least one case. This code may suggest a communication issue or an unspecified fault within the transmission system.It's important to note that these codes often appear in conjunction with other transmission-related codes. For example, some C8 Corvette owners have reported experiencing P0700 alongside codes like P2855, P287C, and U0401.When these codes appear, it's recommended to have the vehicle inspected by a qualified technician or dealership. In some cases, the codes may be cleared without any immediate problems found. However, in more severe instances, transmission replacement has been necessary.Given the complexity of modern vehicle electronics and the potential severity of transmission issues, professional diagnosis is crucial when encountering these codes in a C8 Corvette.
Search for the codes using Perplexity AI search for more information. I hope this helps.