nytrydr89

Casual User
Jan 14, 2016
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
C6 Z06
How do you guys find your clutch and transmission for anyone with an M7 Z06.

I have a 2018 Z06 with roughly 1000kms. This is my first C7. Am I the only one who finds the clutch to be super spongy? I also find the transmission to be notchy. Even when its warmed up I find shifting up or down shifting sometimes to be notchy. My only comparison is my C6 Z06. The clutch is just night and day in comparison its alot harder as far as a feel goes. I've gotten into my C6 after driving my C7 and wow what a difference.

Is something wrong or is this is what a C7 M7 z06 is like?

I had a similar feeling with my manual Z06s. The 13 was definitely different than the 15. The 17 felt notchy too. I find as I drive it more it both becomes more familiar and loosens up a bit. It’s got 3000 km on it now. The 17Z I drove at Spring Mountain this spring felt perfect and it had lots of miles on it so I assume it’s a break in thing.
The clutches on all of them are great. The 17 pulls in quick and smooth. Easy to press but not spongy at all. I find it very precise and predictable.
Maybe have your favourite Tech drive it and see what he says.

Reactions: Nik
Maybe spongy was the wrong choice of word. Its super soft though. Theres no debate it grabs and performs fine. Im just used to a stock c6 z06 clutch and I've sat in one and jumped in the other and its night and day.

Reactions: ddgermann
Yes that does take some getting used to. The C7 pedal push is so light that you think for sure it’s going to slip.
That’s a mental thing with us old school manual guys I think. 😂

I did not mind the light clutch feel when i had my C7 Z06, especially when caught in heavy stop and go traffic. There are clutch kits available that will make the feel a bit heavier but meh to that. The wifey recently upgraded to a 2015 M5 from her 2003 M3 and the clutch feels a lot more lighter than on the 2003.

I still remember back in the day when i used to drive fox body 5.0 Mustangs and the Thunderbird Supercoupes. Firm feel on them 5.0's and the Supercoupe was really firm.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.