Wayne W

I'm New Here
2 You're 5
Oct 27, 2015
Bolton
VetteCoins
Car
1993 C4 COUPE
Time for a new clutch in my 93 lt1 vette, what clutch would you recommed and a good shop to install it in the Caledon Ontario area any help on this would be great thanks Wayne

Dasilva Motor Sports in Breslau will know what would work best and very likely has it in stock. People who really seem to know their stuff when it comes to Corvettes. The factory GM 11" Clutch lasted way over 150K miles in my COPO 427 425 hp Chevelle and was still in the car when I took it apart for restoration. It got beat on more than a few times including a couple of foolish 7200 rpm shifts. I don't know if it will even fit your application. Just pointing out that some of the factory stuff is pretty darned tough.

Hello Wayne
had to put a clutch in our 91 a few tears back (yes tears... it was not a cheap fix). Just for some background...The factory setup has a dual mass flywheel . if the flywheel has to be replaced you probably won't be able to obtain an original style dual mass, and the dual mass cannot be machined. When I did mine the dual mass was available, but I don't think so anymore. However, in poking around, I see that Mid America has a replacement flywheel that better replaces the dual mass than prior single mass units which could cause excessive transmission noise and if not correctly balanced could damage your transmission.
Best advice,I agree with Keith, go see Manny Dasilva .

Good Luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.