Sep 8, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2008 Corvette Z51
Province
ON
Im trying to find a replacement clockspring and not much is coming up. Friend of mine is a parts manager at a local dealership and hes telling me I have to order the whole steering column, its nearly 1k, and there is three in the country.
Ive had a look a rock auto, and none of my parts suppliers seem to carry one (Napa, Bensons, Partsource). Anyone know of any other spots or have a used one that hasnt been twisted too much?

Im trying to find a replacement clockspring and not much is coming up. Friend of mine is a parts manager at a local dealership and hes telling me I have to order the whole steering column, its nearly 1k, and there is three in the country.
Ive had a look a rock auto, and none of my parts suppliers seem to carry one (Napa, Bensons, Partsource). Anyone know of any other spots or have a used one that hasnt been twisted too much?
Try this guy. He has a garage and I have seen several older bodies in there probably for parts.
You want to talk with Patrick. He speaks English very well and races. Call after 10AM
CORVETTE PLUS
514-955-3419

Reactions: Lootz
Have you tried any wreckers? Dom's Auto has been around for quiet a while, maybe worth a try!

Reactions: Lootz
I just did a search and seems there are a lot of GM suppliers showing they have them . GM parts depot Canada kipp Scott GM dealer. You can try them .

Mmmm thats weird, my bud is the parts manager at local GM dealer here and he was saying only three were available in the country and theyre attached to steering columns and couldnt be bought separately. Maybe he didnt have his coffee that day, haha.

thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give these options a try.

Reactions: LE BARON
Mmmm thats weird, my bud is the parts manager at local GM dealer here and he was saying only three were available in the country and theyre attached to steering columns and couldnt be bought separately. Maybe he didnt have his coffee that day, haha.

thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give these options a try.

He was only able to see GM inventory and did not search all aftermarket avenues. Their parts system is linked with all GM the other dealers systems which allows for an instant answer for availability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.