Honestly I don't understand the question. If the battery is disconnected how would the clock work and better still why would you care? Am I missing something? Does the clock do something different on the C6?

Reactions: Dub
^ That was quick....always helpful people with solutions to all your problems.....Next.
^ sorry. I didn't think googlin was required.
I've owned little else than honda products for decades. My response would have been valid.
Upon a google search, I understand more clealy why I've owned hondas for so long.
It seems that's another chronic gm problem, not corvette specific.
Please accept my apology.

If you disconnect the car battery on 2005-2010 C6 Corvettes ...........in a lot of cases when you reconnect the battery the clock no longer works.... At last check there were 100's of corvette owners ( and counting ) who have reported this problem to GM...... Are you guys seriously telling me you have never heard of this ??

If you disconnect the car battery on 2005-2010 C6 Corvettes ...........in a lot of cases when you reconnect the battery the clock no longer works.... At last check there were 100's of corvette owners ( and counting ) who have reported this problem to GM...... Are you guys seriously telling meou have not heard of this problem ?

If you disconnect the car battery on 2005-2010 C6 Corvettes ...........in a lot of cases when you reconnect the battery the clock no longer works.... At last check there were 100's of corvette owners ( and counting ) who have reported this problem to GM...... Are you guys seriously telling meou have not heard of this problem ?

There often is not too much serious with this crowd. But they will always help if they can.
I think it was the wording of your post that triggered the jokers. All good guys who are always eager to help.
I for one have not heard of this but my C6 was a 13. Let’s see what the C6 guys have to say. 😀

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ok, the question becomes a little clearer now. It is my understanding that currently there is no fix for this. Many clocks have disappeared from view when the car has been in for service and the dealer has disconnected the battery to work on the car. Even the dealership can't fix it. GM probably doesn't care, too busy with plants in China.

Somebody will figure out a solution but willing to bet it won't be the manufacture. Keep us posted if you find out more. If anyone asks just say the car is so fast the clock could not keep up. :Biggrin:

The problem is caused by the GPS clock roll over bug which is kind of like the Y2K of early GPS systems. More info on the GPS roll over:
GPS Rollover is today. Here’s why devices might get wacky – TechCrunch

The Denso nav units in the 2005-2010 Corvettes and some other GM vehicles used a 10 bit clock signal which only goes up to 1024 weeks (18.3 years), starts at Jan. 1, 2000, hit the roll over earlier this year, and then goes blank after that. Denso would need to release a firmware upgrade which could update the 10 bit clock signal to the new 13 bit (presuming it's all software and not hardware), or allow for the clock to be set manually. 2011-2013 nav units aren't affected because Denso updated them to use the 13 bit clock signal.

There is a sticky in the C6 section of corvetteforum.com with no solution yet.

I haven't disconnected my battery since before the new year, so am now concerned about how to work on the car, and appreciating that I may end up losing the clock when I do if I don't reliably retain power with another source. There are also reports of some nav units losing the clock after the roll over without battery disconnect.

Has anyone come up with a solution to the no clock display when battery is disconnected?

Please follow the latest version of PIT3830before continuing with this PI.
If this concern is encountered on Cadillac STS or Corvette radios with RPOs U3U, U3Z, URB or YQ4, the procedure in this PI does not apply. Engineering and supplier are currently investigating this issue on those vehicles and radios. Please apologize to the customer and advise that engineering is investigating the concern.
If this concern is encountered on Truck radios with RPOs U3R, U3U, USR, UUK, UUL, UVB, or a DTS with a U3R radio and it is determined that the concern remains after reviewing PIT3830, please follow the below list of steps to access radio diagnostic screens to manually set the clock:
If this concern is encountered on radio RPO's U3R, USR, UUK, UUL, UVB, please perform the following steps to set the clock through the radio diagnostics screen.

Posted today on the Corvetteforum.com thread, a member who was on the Corvette Caravan spoke with someone from GM who insists they are aware of the problem, that they have released a fix for the trucks that are affected, and are waiting on the radio manufacturer to release a fix for the Corvette.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Well it's also not just the clock for your information it also effects the navigation units as well with regards to serius radio if you disconnect the battery.... No longer able to get the unit to work without a replacement.....I ended up going with a new Kenwood hands free unit and will sell there car best year with the original unit not the new unit

Posted today on Corvetteforum.com by forum member Vintagegas, the fix for the clock.

Note: I am not a software engineer and I neither work for Denso nor GM.​
The following is the info, as promised:​
1. download the zip file.​
2. Extract the KWI file.​
3.Burn the KWI file to a disc​
4.Start your car​
5.Put the CD in the map disc slot.​
6.The update will start automatically.​
7.Reinstall your Nav disc​
I applied the update and it appears to work. Note to use a CD-R not a DVD-R.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread