Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Dropped off my car this morn for rear and small side windows tinting. Black wrap on the front hood (just from the top of hood vent to the top of the hood in same width as vent) and getting most of the car clear wrapped so as to protect from rock chips. About an hour after I dropped off the car I got a call from the shop (have been dealing there for about 7 yrs and trust them) the owner tells me that my rear fascia as well as parts of the driver side A pillar has overspray on it. Bought car from dealer with 44kms on it with no declarations. Once its all done, I'm going to visit the dealer and see if they did any inhouse bodywork on car. Perhaps due to a 'mishap' on their lot...wtf

Dropped off my car this morn for rear and small side windows tinting. Black wrap on the front hood (just from the top of hood vent to the top of the hood in same width as vent) and getting most of the car clear wrapped so as to protect from rock chips. About an hour after I dropped off the car I got a call from the shop (have been dealing there for about 7 yrs and trust them) the owner tells me that my rear fascia as well as parts of the driver side A pillar has overspray on it. Bought car from dealer with 44kms on it with no declarations. Once its all done, I'm going to visit the dealer and see if they did any inhouse bodywork on car. Perhaps due to a 'mishap' on their lot...wtf

Methinks that would be a pis$off for at least 107% of our membership Paul.... Keep us informed....

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Ya, I also want to hear what they say albeit it will be a few days..... today they will be polishing the whole car not just the affected areas (added expense) then dewax. Tmrw they start applying wrap then tint.....should get it back late afternoon Thurs.
Problem is that now the evidence will be gone. From experience most dealings with a dealership like this don't go in your favour especially with them trying to pull off a fast one in the first place .Good luck!

Problem is that now the evidence will be gone. From experience most dealings with a dealership like this don't go in your favour especially with them trying to pull off a fast one in the first place .Good luck!

Totally agree with you tinman! After the polish there is zero evidence of the overspray. I'm still going to go by and have a chat and approach it in a very casual way.... you catch more bees with honey. The purchase agreement did not have any damage declarations, which in B.C. any damage greater than $2000 has to be lawfully declared. So I'm hoping it may have ben just a 'scrape' that happened at the dealer and they spayed it out.....I'll see how it goes.

Hopefully they offer you some kind of compensation especially if you have it serviced there. I could only imagine the gut feeling finding this out the way you did.

Reactions: ddgermann
Certainly would be a terrible experience, finding that overspray and not knowing till after car purchased. Hope the dealership looks after you properly in this regard. In regards to the clear wrap cannot one buy a C7 with a protection on it to prevent stone chips?

Certainly would be a terrible experience, finding that overspray and not knowing till after car purchased. Hope the dealership looks after you properly in this regard. In regards to the clear wrap cannot one buy a C7 with a protection on it to prevent stone chips?

Nope... The Expel or whatever you want to put on is a non factory option offered by the dealer at the "upsell" session after you make the deal on the car. They will avoid the subject in the showroom to not dilute the cash grab signing the papers...ok I digress. haha

The best deals on this stuff is detailing shops as compared to the dealerships which are simply convenient to have done before you pick up the car.

Pretty disturbing feeling Paul finding out your car was damaged at sometime before you picked it up. I am very curious to hear what you find out or if the dealership claims no knowledge.
I have a buddy working at a dealership and he won't often give details but they have mishaps all the time and just cover it up like it never happened. So when I ask.... My new car was ok..no issues?... he smiles and says... "ya. nothing to worry about"
:heyyy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread