Mar 20, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Vette
Province
ON
Hey everyone

I'm looking at an inexpensive option to get a transparent roof panel. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with GM part 84337516, and if they have any experience using the components from their solid panel to make this work.

(Please don't judge me for being frugal. LoL)

R.

No judgement ... however assuming you know you may likely get what you "pay" for ... might be a big mess.
May be consider putting up a wanted add in the in the Parts Wanted Section. We are usually pretty good passing along info when found.
I have seen the panels available in the $1500 range and you will need to know which alignment pins you will need as they apparently changed
mid-year 2016 (as I see yours is 2016). There is a bit written up about these throughout this forum.

Now, another request in return would be for you to post up a photo of your awesome Corvette that you have in the New User Section Thread
that was automated. In no time ... you may find transparent roof options - you never know if one pops up in the $1100-$1200 range.
I might know of someone with panel with damaged hardware that can be replaced/swapped ... I will check and respond if still available.

Hey everyone

I'm looking at an inexpensive option to get a transparent roof panel. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with GM part 84337516, and if they have any experience using the components from their solid panel to make this work.

(Please don't judge me for being frugal. LoL)

R.

Yes you can absolutely swap out the hardware. I did this with my new carbon fibre roof panel. Your 16 car may or may not have the upgraded pins. Either way you can swap the hardware. If your roof is not rattling by now you likely have the white Pins. There are threads on here and elsewhere that describes this in great detail.
One thing to watch for is the liner on your new panel. Make sure the one you buy has one. If you buy from GM the inner liner is a separate part. Found that out the hard way too.

But ya... you can do that swap easily. 👍

I just re-read your post. Same answer. Yes. Just forgot the liner bit. 😂

Reactions: ROBUSTO and YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.