Good Morning All,

Question for ya re: 3LZ interior cleaning/protection. What products do you use to clean and protect your leather dash and door panels????

Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

I use nothing on the leather beyond a damp cloth.
On the other hand maybe I’m not the right guy to answer this as I trade mine before they actually need interior cleaning. 🤣
I’ve been lucky and not stained the leather in my cars so really I just wipe the dust off with the damp cloth.
There’s a big debate about leather products and what good/harm they actually do. I don’t have an opinion either way except a car sitting or stored in the sun would likely need something.

This will be a good one... 🍿

• Winner
Reactions: lupo
Store bought leather wipes don't seem to hurt. (not on the alcantara.)
A Mr Clean magic eraser on the kick panel and rocker panel plastic removes any marks that a wet rag won't.

There's different products for different applications.
I've used neetsfoot oil on all my motorcycle leathers (suits, jackets, pants) since, forever.
I'd never use it on the car.
Some folks swear by Dubbin.
Water on leather isn't bad (nor is it great), but someting that conditions the leather is a little better, and will help with longevity.

Last edited:
Hey guys! How the heck are ya?
Thanks for the input. My dealer suggested just a damp microfibre towel to wipe the dash and door panels at regular intervals. I just don’t want the leather to dry out. Car is either in the garage or covered, so the sun doesn’t really bake the dash too much.

Axe, crap weather eh? Went for a quick drive out to Grimsby yesterday for coffee. Today was too wet so I took my Verano. 😄

Damo, I've been racking the kms up on the good days.
Just a hair under 3,000 kms (5800 total) so far this yr, and I still haven't driven it in the rain, and I've never used the wipers yet. I don't even know if they work, lol.

Reactions: turbozig
Damp cloth. Google it, read the manual, and take it from personal experience---for 99% of situations you don't need anything else. Mild soap solution if it needs anything more. More than that go to a pro. It's a treated 'leather' and good pair of shoes probably has better real leather on them than our seats :). Save your money.

Damp cloth. Google it, read the manual, and take it from personal experience---for 99% of situations you don't need anything else. Mild soap solution if it needs anything more. More than that go to a pro. It's a treated 'leather' and good pair of shoes probably has better real leather on them than our seats :). Save your money.

I agree with you. I also use a damp clean microfiber to clean most of the interior surfaces. Once a year the leather gets a very thin coat of Swissvax leather treatment worked in. It makes it look like new and brings back that original leather smell without any extra shine. Swissvax also does not make the leather slippery like alot of the other products. Excellent product.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.