Feb 2, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Grand Sport
Province
BC
I am looking for something a little less homely and thinking a chrome sleeve would improve the looks. Is there a chrome sleeve that fits over top of this or do I need to change out the whole valve stem to dress it up? Sorry the picture is not the best but i'm sure you get the idea. 2017 Grand Sport rim.
IMG_1133.JPG

I am looking for something a little less homely and thinking a chrome sleeve would improve the looks. Is there a chrome sleeve that fits over top of this or do I need to change out the whole valve stem to dress it up? Sorry the picture is not the best but i'm sure you get the idea. 2017 Grand Sport rim.View attachment 105243
Go online and type in 'Corvette Valve stem covers' and be prepared to have a few hours scrolling through choices.

Need confirmation if OE poster wants chrome valve stem caps or a chrome nut that attaches the TPMS sensor stem to the wheel.

Just be aware that if you want those items in chrome corrosion issues can happen between different valve stem caps and the TPMS sensor in that area which is why these caps are usually plastic, same thing with the nut that screws down the sensor stem. On a Corvette probably not as much an issue if not driven in lots of rain/snow conditions but just be aware of it.

Tony

Need confirmation if OE poster wants chrome valve stem caps or a chrome nut that attaches the TPMS sensor stem to the wheel.

Just be aware that if you want those items in chrome corrosion issues can happen between different valve stem caps and the TPMS sensor in that area which is why these caps are usually plastic, same thing with the nut that screws down the sensor stem. On a Corvette probably not as much an issue if not driven in lots of rain/snow conditions but just be aware of it.

Tony
Thanks I will chase that down never thought corrosion would be an issue but now that you mention it that could be a problem. I will chase down that link you sent thanks so much. I thought i could put just a sleeve over top of the existing if it was chrome or plastic to look like chrome that would work. Was not sure if the sleeve would fit over the nut at the bottom and just seal to the rim.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.