Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Ok, so the Christmas music thread did not go so well so maybe we are just more of a visual group.:cool:

Do you have a favourite Christmas Movie/Show? I must admit I am a sucker for Christmas themed shows. My wife just shakes her head and says haven't we seen this before? Well yes, but yesterday was a long time ago.

So last night I sat with my Grand Daughter and watched my favourite…..A Childs Christmas In Wales. Not often seen but certainly the one I like the most.

Merry Christmas folks.

I have a few, A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and my favourite animated one is The Polar Express.

I'm still waiting for the release of the Christmasploitation movie Santa Claws and the Strippers from Mars, I'm sure it's destined for Netflix

I just love questions that are so easy for me to answer. That would be "One Magic Christmas". Just love the job done by Harry Dean Stanton as Gideon the Christmas angel. Not to ashamed to admit that even having probably watched it over the years 20 plus times now I still cry...................just love having my heart strings plucked like that. I still watch it on VHS but I suppose I need to get a digital copy now. You listening Santa??!!

Cheers,

Garry

Most of these are Christmas themed, while a couple are traditionally shown during the Christmas season, but these are my holiday favorites.

Holiday Inn
White Christmas
Going My Way
Bells of Saint Mary
Christmas Vacation
Scrooge
Charlie Brown Christmas
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
Frosty The Snowman
Sound of Music
Ten Commandments (original with CH)
Ben Hur (original with CH)

lol.... though I'm not nearly as old as you Keith..I do remember it....and I even find time to re-watch every few years... That being said, It's airing again on Thursday on AMC..... ok... maybe I am as old as you.... :Biggrin:

The Bishop's Wife... Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven is another really good one. The remake of Miracle on 34th Street with Richard Attenborough as Kris Kringle is quite a good remake.
David
p.s Zeeman, the original feature length Ben Hur would really be Ramon Navarro in 1925

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.