Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
Wondering if anyone close to Chilliwack is interested in doing a meet and cruise for Aug 5 & 6. I will be in BC from Aug 1-7 and looking for fellow Corvette owners to enjoy some wheel time and scenery with. Currently looking to do a couple of day trips. Let me know if anyone is interested and feel free to private message me to discuss further.

Reactions: nascar03
Paul, what are your thoughts on your Corvette? Are you going to keep it.

Well, at this time, I have asked the dealership to put me on their first call list when info on the C8 comes out. I would like to see the real stats and images on the car before perhaps trading in the C7 and taking my lumps. That is choice one. My wife on the other hand is preferring to keep the car for a few years, enjoy it, and purchase a 65 or 67 coupe and enjoy them both. I have always had a 'classic' car in the garage but since I sold my #'s matching 68 Fastback GT creampuff 4 yrs ago, I have not had one since. In other words.... I really dont know what I will do. First thing is to get it back, drive it, and see if I still want it after that hit. Will definitely still have the car till year end.

Reactions: ddgermann
Sorry Ziggy for getting a bit off topic.

Well may as well highjack the thread a bit more....

Zig..
Some of the local Vette boys are going to the Tsawwassen Sun Festival car show on the Monday, Aug 6th.

Nasca,r that looks like that show will have a good number of cars. My wife and I were at the Tsawwassen Mills (all GM, well prop 85%) show and there must have been at least 500 cars if not slightly more. Lottttsssssss of all generation Vettes.... Bloody hot out that day!!!

Turbozig..... thanks for letting us "hitch a ride".... :ohoh:

Last edited:
Just arrived in Chilliwack at my sister in laws after 12 hours from Edmonton. Weather and traffic was excellent all day. The bonus of leaving on a Wednesday. 👍👍

Well, I'm most definitely not going to be able to catch up with Turbozig or take in the Tsawwassen car show. Was just informed that my car was being towed later in the day from the dealerships autobody building to the dealerships service dept in order to have the tranny refilled with fluid, since the accident caused rear tranny radiator to burst and it all leaked out. After service does their thing and scan/check the vehicle it will be returned to the body shop to finally install the last 1/4 panel and prep for paint. Estimated ready date..... the 13th of the month. It would be 3 mos and one day since I got hit. Hoping a few of you can hook up and take in the show.......... have fun!

Well, I'm most definitely not going to be able to catch up with Turbozig or take in the Tsawwassen car show. Was just informed that my car was being towed later in the day from the dealerships autobody building to the dealerships service dept in order to have the tranny refilled with fluid, since the accident caused rear tranny radiator to burst and it all leaked out. After service does their thing and scan/check the vehicle it will be returned to the body shop to finally install the last 1/4 panel and prep for paint. Estimated ready date..... the 13th of the month. It would be 3 mos and one day since I got hit. Hoping a few of you can hook up and take in the show.......... have fun!

Sorry to hear the news Paul. Wow, I can honestly say I would not be handling it as well as you. I hope you get you car back soon and in like new condition. You are still welcome to come to Graham's on Friday for Westfest even if you are Vetteless. Would like to meet you regardless.

Reactions: nascar03
Sorry to hear about your car Paul. I know what you are going through: I had a 2007 Shelby GT 500 vert (bought new & did a few mods.) and a guy cut me off making a left hand turn and I creamed him - totalled his car and mine was not written off - 2 months to repair - cost ICBC $30K and of course , the value of my car went down the " you know what"? It was really upsetting to be sure. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the summer.

We missed ya pal....
We’ll do it again someday.
A5842DD4-C2AA-4DB2-94AA-7E0267D524E3.jpeg

Graham

WOW! Nice turn out. Understanding neighbours eh? Man, I so wanted to go: you can't rely on people to do jobs when they are suppose to - eg. the arborist that was suppose to do the work on Tuesday. Great weather - cars look awesome- thanks for teh pics Graham.

Big shout out to Graham and his lovely wife Bev for hosting this gathering. My first time there and it was great to put faces to people on this forum and from lower mainland clubs. Nice day, nice folks, nice conversations....... and yes.... some great cars.

Paul.

It was excellent to meet you in person as well..
Thanx for bringing out your ‘Bird... and the gifts.
We had a great chat and I look forward to continuing that in the future.
Thanx for taking the group pictures, they are the best!

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.