So I used it again last night and it shut itself off. It seems like it heated up and tripped an internal overheat circuit. 10 minutes later worked fine again. That was with both blowers operating. Hope this was a one off....

Yes Al the MB works especially great on the black cars. I used mine a lot.
Hmmmmmm ... Black Truck and H1 ... Damn I forgot :Banghead:

... “found” this in my truck about a year ago 😇 ...

B2EFF240-9E88-4CD9-A68E-C9BC9EEFB68C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
So I used it again last night and it shut itself off. It seems like it heated up and tripped an internal overheat circuit. 10 minutes later worked fine again. That was with both blowers operating. Hope this was a one off....
Al, make sure you are plugged directly into AC without an extension cord. If you have a higher wire gauge extension cord you will get a voltage drop across the cord and therefore pull more current.

Al, make sure you are plugged directly into AC without an extension cord. If you have a higher wire gauge extension cord you will get a voltage drop across the cord and therefore pull more current.
Good call. I was on an extension cord and it was a higher gauge. I will have to go the store and maybe get a 10 or 8 gauge extension cord.

I have tripped the breaker with mine once or twice, think it is supposed to be on a 20 amp breaker. Also make sure you get Al to clean the filter in the intake end.

I will state my only concern with the MB is to make sure the hose does not blow off with the clamp attached. Just make sure it is not pointing at the car. Derek had said there is a specialized clamp you can get to stop this from happening.

Great machines. Wife says vacuum the house she goes out and I get the MB for a quick job with all the doors open. :Biggrin:

I've never used anything to dry my vehicles and I'm wondering if vehicles that have been ceramic coated, don't need this if the main point is to avoid "paint swirls". Anyone know?

Next (perhaps silly) question: I've got a nice air compressor with a blower nozzle and long hose in my garage but since it doesn't blow "hot air" is that useless, when it comes to doing the same job as a "Master Blaster"?

Finally, if it will prove helpful, here's a July 2020 review on the Web done by Dan Collins with "CarBibles" of different Car Dryer Blowers although not all the models reviewed look to be available on Amazon.ca:

I've never used anything to dry my vehicles and I'm wondering if vehicles that have been ceramic coated, don't need this if the main point is to avoid "paint swirls". Anyone know?

Next (perhaps silly) question: I've got a nice air compressor with a blower nozzle and long hose in my garage but since it doesn't blow "hot air" is that useless, when it comes to doing the same job as a "Master Blaster"?

Finally, if it will prove helpful, here's a July 2020 review on the Web done by Dan Collins with "CarBibles" of different Car Dryer Blowers although not all the models reviewed look to be available on Amazon.ca:

Good article thanks for posting it.
In regard to your air compressor; if you are not blowing any oil along with the air like many compressors of size do then sure use it for the annoying places at least. That being hatch seal area and mirrors for example.

The hot air is nice but not mandatory.

This unit requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit........I put a 20 amp circuit in my garage.......also need 12 gauge wire......14 is not code.........I run mine with a good quality heavy gauge extension cord with no issues.....

Regarding hot air......this unit does not have an element to heat the air, however after five minutes use the air coming from the motors is so hot I find it very warm to hold the nozzle ha ha..........

I've been washing cars passionately for over 50 years.......49 1/2 years the wrong way.......but now thanks to ddgermann I've been enlightened!!!
IMG_0257.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg

Good article thanks for posting it.
In regard to your air compressor; if you are not blowing any oil along with the air like many compressors of size do then sure use it for the annoying places at least. That being hatch seal area and mirrors for example.

The hot air is nice but not mandatory.

Much appreciated; saved me $500+!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.