Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
What type of Battery Charger/Maintainer do you use. I did as much research as I could l find and purchased a NOCO G1100 battery charger. This one seams to perform well and will maintain the battery without having to worry about overcharging which the typical older style chargers would do. I also disconnect the battery while in storage as the drain is constant.
Hope I made the right choice.

Attachments

• 20180115_152640.jpg
    20180115_152640.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 9
Great choice
What type of Battery Charger/Maintainer do you use. I did as much research as I could l find and purchased a NOCO G1100 battery charger. This one seams to perform well and will maintain the battery without having to worry about overcharging which the typical older style chargers would do. I also disconnect the battery while in storage as the drain is constant.

Great choice on the battery maintainer. I have a much bigger cousin to your model on my H1 and it keeps the batteries in top condition. The truck sits for months on end and it starts right up every time I check it and fire it up to pump up the tires.
The Corvette sits beside it with the overpriced factory maintainer on it. I do not disconnect the battery though. 3 Corvettes later and never had a problem leaving the battery connected with the little factory charger “battery protection package” on it. It shows green then every so often it switches to charge mode for only a minute or 2... then back to green.
You have a C7 so pretty sure you can leave the battery connected and be fine. However this is only a choice not a must do.
I’m too lazy to re-index the windows and set my radio stations again... :Biggrin:

Reactions: YFCvii

As long as it's a smart charger it will be fine...... and yours appears to be a genius ;) so you're all set Dennis. I have five of them going all winter. All different makes but they all do exactly what they are suppose to and they all work fine. I have the one that came with my Corvette hooked up to my diesel. I think it makes the Ford feel special....:rolleyes:

Reactions: ddgermann
I have a couple of the Noco genius maintainers. The one that the Covette came with and another one I purchased to maintain the battery in my 70. They both work excellent and I highly recommend if the car sits for more than a few days.

Genius actually has a model that does up to 4 separate batteries at one. I looked at it and decided to go for the single one as the Vette had its own charger already.

Negotiated the GM battery "protection package" for both Corvettes into my offer to purchase ... after all it's just an added maintainer.
I was told that if I don't have the maintainer that the battery power will run out as the computer stuff stays energized while doing its job.
I was furthermore advised to keep the battery connected for the reason of having the computer stuff continually energized.
So far all happy and maintained and not disconnected on both rocket ships.

My best maintainer that I use for everything else is this ... about $100 all in at Jack Carter Chev in Calgary.
(use it for my Boat Batteries and Boat Lift Battery) Love the scrolling text that tells you what's going on ...
026666810746.jpg

Last edited:
I have a CTek and an AutoExact. I generally only connect them to cars that will be idle for at least a week or to ones not driven at all during winter and then I shall leave the tender hooked up to for the duration of storage. Have not ever disconnected a battery and I always ensure that for cars with batteries located within the interior of the car (Vette and Jag) that the car has open windows or for those with batteries in trunks that the trunk is left cracked open a couple of inches. Very important to have ventilation and to ensure that batteries that have 'venting tubes' are in fact connected. Better safe than sorry.

I have a CTek and an AutoExact. I generally only connect them to cars that will be idle for at least a week or to ones not driven at all during winter and then I shall leave the tender hooked up to for the duration of storage. Have not ever disconnected a battery and I always ensure that for cars with batteries located within the interior of the car (Vette and Jag) that the car has open windows or for those with batteries in trunks that the trunk is left cracked open a couple of inches. Very important to have ventilation and to ensure that batteries that have 'venting tubes' are in fact connected. Better safe than sorry.

Great point Paul. Now I’m going to check as my Z06 is plugged into the charger and sealed up tight.

Great point Paul. Now I’m going to check as my Z06 is plugged into the charger and sealed up tight.
I might be too late as you might have already checked ... was going to ask for a photo of what you (we) look for when you (we) do it ...
More importantly ... welcome home Derek :Hurray:

I might be too late as you might have already checked ... was going to ask for a photo of what you (we) look for when you (we) do it ...
More importantly ... welcome home Derek :Hurray:
Thanks Spence.. my boat/car/plane x3 ride begins tomorrow. :Ack2:

... and here I go ... pretty good at a few things however having no clue how the World turns ... :Shrug2:
so "begins tomorrow" for you would either be your today and my tomorrow ... or my two days from now :Banghead:
I'm gonna be pinching myself when we are in Vegas together but likely still going to be confused with the tense I am to use when communicating with you :WillyNilly:
... but this will help when the chance presents itself :Cheers2:

... and here I go ... pretty good at a few things however having no clue how the World turns ... :Shrug2:
so "begins tomorrow" for you would either be your today and my tomorrow ... or my two days from now :Banghead:
I'm gonna be pinching myself when we are in Vegas together but likely still going to be confused with the tense I am to use when communicating with you :WillyNilly:
... but this will help when the chance presents itself :Cheers2:

Lol... I’m 14 hours ahead of Alberta here in Indonesia.

Great Scott ... Derek !!!
hqdefault.jpg
If only I had that (on topic) "battery protection package" for the DeLorean ...
I wouldn't have lost the ability for getting 1.21 gigawatts that's required for the flux capacitor
so that I could time-travel and enjoy my Tomorrow's Dinner with you in about 245 minutes from now ...
at the exact point in time when you are 14 hours from where I am just before midnight :thumbs:

:Confused5: Spence :D

Last edited:
Terrific information. A friend has used one on his CHEVROLET diesel batteries and they have been maintained for 9 years. I transfer it between the Corvette and the Buick (another GM vehicle). With the battery disconnected from the vehicle, the maintainer will show a full charge within an hour. I have stored my vettes in California (spring time) and disconnected the battery and the only issue was window memory and TPS. Both were reset within a few minutes. I have the 12 volt power adapter for the trunk in the vette, but prefer to leave the battery disconnected. I made up an auxiliary 12' cord that is connected to the battery and exits from the slightly open trunk and down to the floor. I purchased an inline fuse and colored connecters. This way I leave the charger on a small rug on the floor under the car connected to the extended cord.

Terrific information. A friend has used one on his CHEVROLET diesel batteries and they have been maintained for 9 years. I transfer it between the Corvette and the Buick (another GM vehicle). With the battery disconnected from the vehicle, the maintainer will show a full charge within an hour. I have stored my vettes in California (spring time) and disconnected the battery and the only issue was window memory and TPS. Both were reset within a few minutes. I have the 12 volt power adapter for the trunk in the vette, but prefer to leave the battery disconnected. I made up an auxiliary 12' cord that is connected to the battery and exits from the slightly open trunk and down to the floor. I purchased an inline fuse and colored connecters. This way I leave the charger on a small rug on the floor under the car connected to the extended cord.
I sure remember similar effort I went through with my 1969, 1984 & 1998 GM sports cars.
I've been advised to "relax a bit" with the new digital style maintainers as "they have come a long way" so I am told
when I inquire about just plugging my maintainer into a "formerly known as cigarette lighter socket".
I am a pretty good old guy for giving this a shot ... but I am watching it like a hawk still ... known commonly as OCD.
After 3 years, I am a fan of these maintainers now ... no lost frozen batteries any more
Yup this is a good thread indeed ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.