Mar 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2021 C8
Province
AB
Anyone else thinking of changing their rims to 20" in the front and 21" in the rear? I love the Vossen HF-3's in gloss black

Still debating on if I should since I'd have to buy brand new tires as well and that will get quite pricey

Do you guys think it will be worth it? I didn't opt in for the Z51 package so car can't be lowered

Cheers :)

I've had problems in the past with larger tires that have thinner sidewalls: more road noise, reduced gas mileage but more importantly, more readily damaged during pot hole strikes which cause sidewall bulges requiring tire replacement. Sidewall bulges are thought to be especially bad for high speed tires. I consider Edmonton to be "the pot hole capital of the world" and I'm always swerving around them although sometimes unsuccessfully, more so at night.

Mind you, NONE of this experience relates to Corvettes or run-flat tires, so you'll need more input to know if this is true for your C8 proposed new tires.

I've had problems in the past with larger tires that have thinner sidewalls: more road noise, reduced gas mileage but more importantly, more readily damaged during pot hole strikes which cause sidewall bulges requiring tire replacement. Sidewall bulges are thought to be especially bad for high speed tires. I consider Edmonton to be "the pot hole capital of the world" and I'm always swerving around them although sometimes unsuccessfully, more so at night.

Mind you, NONE of this experience relates to Corvettes or run-flat tires, so you'll need more input to know if this is true for your C8 proposed new tires.
Thanks for the heads up! On most of the forums I've seen, everyone has been going with 255/30/20 front and 325/25/21 rear.

I live in Calgary and we've got so many potholes here as well damn it

Enlighten me. What is accomplished by changing wheel sizes. Is it simply esthetics?
my budget will be spent on replacing stock size tires and brakes and topping up& changing dct fluid and filter and engine oil and filter
i suspect the car in stock configuration is more capable than I am.
will find out soon.....track day coming up

Reactions: Murray20c8
Enlighten me. What is accomplished by changing wheel sizes. Is it simply esthetics?
my budget will be spent on replacing stock size tires and brakes and topping up& changing dct fluid and filter and engine oil and filter
i suspect the car in stock configuration is more capable than I am.
will find out soon.....track day coming up
Yeah more for esthetics than anything. That's why I'm leaning towards the bigger rims.
From the pics I've seen, they look great!

Non Z51 cars can be lowered, Paragon has shorter springs and doubt you can find 325/21 they are on 8 week back order maybe more
Do you know cost of the Paragon springs? Yeah I've contacted a few suppliers here, just waiting on their word for the tires. The Vossen rims are mostly all in stock though.

Go for it!
iOS Image - 2522858890.jpg

Reactions: Gurpc
I'm still sitting on the fence about wheels.

If I go flow forged, I will get something very economical, likely in a 19/20 setup. There are tons of affordable options around the $2K USD mark shipped.

If I go forged, I am thinking 2 or 3 piece and upping the wheel size to 20/21. That's when things start to get up there in price.

And yes - it's mainly looks.

I'm still sitting on the fence about wheels.

If I go flow forged, I will get something very economical, likely in a 19/20 setup. There are tons of affordable options around the $2K USD mark shipped.

If I go forged, I am thinking 2 or 3 piece and upping the wheel size to 20/21. That's when things start to get up there in price.

And yes - it's mainly looks.
Yeah I got quoted $2900 cd for the Vossen HF-3 set. Just waiting on the tires now.

Hope you find what you're looking for too!

I was on the fence about going 20/21, but ultimately decided to go with the stock diameter.. im in Edmonton and like others said, roads are brutal. If i find the wheel gap too much might lower it a touch. but with the more aggressive offset it fills the wheel well better from all the pictures ive seen

I prefer sidewall to protect the rim, I see all they guys running 20-21" and while it looks good, it decreases the performance of the car. I paid for the performance, I dont want to pay more to then lower that metric. Lower the unsprung weight, its the best bang for your buck.

I will be going forged stock diameter, and perhaps bumping the sidewall slightly this will fill the wheel wells and give better protection for potholes and racetrack curbing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.