Oct 3, 2018
Kitchener
VetteCoins
Car
2019 C7 Stingray 2LT
Province
ON
Hello all,

Ordered my first C7 Stingray 2LT last October and it was built last week. :) I've been following this forum and the other big forum since then and I want to switch to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 as I would like to have a little longer driving season and don't need the full potential of the OEM tires. The question being, should I purchase the tires and have the dealer install, and then sell the OEM tires to one of you fine people? My thinking is that I can make buying the new ones less stressful on the pocket book and would be easier to sell "new" than a few thousand km's on them.

Looking forward to my first Vette soon.... and better weather!

... have to say no harm in trying to find a buyer (probably someone nearby) ... likely the fewer the kms on them the better ...
The dealer won't deal with you on them on a delivery swap-out? You never know if they want a set lying around (especially the larger dealers)

I've seen stacked sets in parts & accessory areas at two different dealerships.
They had a "term" used that people seem to trust more when at a dealership - I think it was "factory take-offs" - but unsure

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj
spencer is correct
but maybe after the break in drive the crap out of the tires for the year and replace in the fall
(with or without new rims)

BEST ADVICE IS THE BETTER WHEEL ALIGNMENT I POSTED EARLIER LAST YEAR, cannot remember what the alignment was called, others will chime in

that makes the sides of the front tires last a lot longer

Jeff

Can someone find that link for the alignment please and paste it here as I need to relatively know what I am asking for ... thank you

I am in town but I posted it before so I will search my content in the next day or 2. The alignment works like a charm as long as u do not track,the,car and should be a sticky with the proviso warning for street only to increase normal type tire wear jeff

Reactions: YFCvii
Hello all,

Ordered my first C7 Stingray 2LT last October and it was built last week. :) I've been following this forum and the other big forum since then and I want to switch to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 as I would like to have a little longer driving season and don't need the full potential of the OEM tires. The question being, should I purchase the tires and have the dealer install, and then sell the OEM tires to one of you fine people? My thinking is that I can make buying the new ones less stressful on the pocket book and would be easier to sell "new" than a few thousand km's on them.

Looking forward to my first Vette soon.... and better weather!

I had the SC2s changed out to PSS by my dealer before I picked up my new Z.
I simply found the best price on the PSS tires and my dealer matched it.

The new SC2s have been sitting since. Wasn’t able to sell them on here for 1/2 price and haven’t bothered trying to sell them since.
Now the PSS that come on your car are much easier to sell as they are the preferred tire for most people due to the good performance, longer life and they are better in rain.
If it was me, and mentioned above, I would drive them for the first year at least. They are fine on 5 degree days as long as you warm them up a bit. It doesn’t take long and you will know instantly by the feel leaving a light or the indicator on your driver screen.
The alignment change may be a good idea as the car is set up more for the track from the factory. Mine is still at the factory settings but it only has 7000 km on these PSS tires so no issues yet. Although I see the wear on the rears seemed to increase dramatically over the past month of “cruising”. Oops 😬

Either way you’re ok.

• Informative
Reactions: Bixter44
If they are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in Z51 sizes, I'd be interested in the tires if the dealer doesn't want them.

They will fit the Z51. The Stingray base switched to 245/35R19 fronts and 285/30R20 rears for all models after 2017. Those are also the Z51 sizes. Z06 and GS tires are 19's and 20' as well but too wide for the narrow body.

• Wow

• Informative
Reactions: 12cents and lupo
Ya, when I made my first post today I realized someone would pickup on my handle.... As a side note, I’d get on any 737Max.

If I do switch tires on delivery, I’ll definitely put them up and I’ll only sell at a price to take a bite out of the new ones. Thanks for the info Rruuff Day.

For the camber settings, are most(any) dealers knowledgeable in why to change these?

Cheers

Ya, when I made my first post today I realized someone would pickup on my handle.... As a side note, I’d get on any 737Max.

If I do switch tires on delivery, I’ll definitely put them up and I’ll only sell at a price to take a bite out of the new ones. Thanks for the info Rruuff Day.

For the camber settings, are most(any) dealers knowledgeable in why to change these?

Cheers

I would venture that by now the dealerships should be aware and have enountered this alignment adjustment since many of both the C6's and C7's were, and some still are, set up more for performance handling than avoiding premature tire wear. At the very least, the alignment staff should know what to do. Especially if you have the settings.

Yeah. I wouldn't hesitate on the Max either. Hell, I still get on a Mk1 Beaver.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
Congratulations to the OP! I bet you’re itching to take the car home 😂.

Pardon me while I hijack your post😛.
I’m going to ask my dealer to lower the car when they do the pdi . Will the pdaft alignment settings wwork on lowered cars?

• Wow
I see how stupid my question is now lol. It was 4 in the morning I think when I asked that question. Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.