that Boasted the arrival in the colour called Ceramic Matrix Grey
Immediately Googled and found some pics to share with you comparing
this New Colour with the Existing Arctic White, Blade Silver & Sterling Blue

great comparison photos found via Google
062117_15b.jpg

Arctic White - New Ceramic Matrix Grey - Sterling Blue - Blade Silver
062117_16b.jpg
062117_10b.jpg

:angelic: OK ... the thread is all yours for comments ... :Woot: :Yawn: :Wtf: :happy: :thumbs: :Biggrin:

I like the Sterling blue. Kinda like a gun metal blue color.
To me Sterling blue very similar to Blade Silver with blue metallic added.

Well Boyz ... we just might just have to hope that we find one of these to park between you one day eh :thumbs:
That'll probably be a way better picture than this Ceramic Matrix Grey comparison stuff ;)

Not sure if anyone knew this but each year GM cancels a couple of colours. For the next year's run they take all their stock of leftover paints and pour it all together into a big mixer vat. They splash some of the resultant paint on a piece of metal, let it dry and then they all get stoned and pick a new name for it .... 2019 release will be called 'Smoking Ember'... It's a cross between leftover Black Rose, DSOM, and Sterling blue .... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure if anyone knew this but each year GM cancels a couple of colours. For the next year's run they take all their stock of leftover paints and pour it all together into a big mixer vat. They splash some of the resultant paint on a piece of metal, let it dry and then they all get stoned and pick a new name for it .... 2019 release will be called 'Smoking Ember'... It's a cross between leftover Black Rose, DSOM, and Sterling blue .... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hmmm good point ... however me thinks DSOM was burnt off already for the Black Rose unless they found a private stash somewhere :rolleyes:
So all of you DSOM's are sweet with no repeat already.
We know Black Rose will be done with the initial 2018's made in 2017.
Didn't know about Sterling Blue but I thought they were just either Admiral Blue too close and got overspray from the Blade Silvers
and then repeated when a few Blade Silvers got overspray from the Admiral Blues being done. It's like the Peanut Butter Cups commercials.
("you got peanut butter in my chocolate" no "you got chocolate in my peanut butter")
So this maybe means some arctic whites that are not far enough away from when they are doing Black ... making for Ceramic Matrix Grey ???

... so glad we got all this sorted out so we can sleep tonight ...
now I wonder how one can get an invite into the colour naming group?
maybe "Mr. Smoking Ember" can put a good word in for me ... :angelic:

Last edited:
To me Sterling blue very similar to Blade Silver with blue metallic added.
Myself,I can see it having an appeal to a lot of women. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I saw a lady and her hubby drooling over this colour actually at Shag last week. This lady absolutely loved it. I went back a few days later and that car was gone.

Reactions: ddgermann
Myself,I can see it having an appeal to a lot of women. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I saw a lady and her hubby drooling over this colour actually at Shag last week. This lady absolutely loved it. I went back a few days later and that car was gone.

Interesting Mike ... well hang in there around Shag because this is the website that is announcing the arrival of the 2018 Ceramic Matrix Grey Corvette

I should also mention that I just discovered that this Ceramic Matrix Grey Comparison news had a previous thread on June 21 in Vettes on the Net and I did not mean to hijack the topic.

They should have called it clear coated grey primer. :D
Kind of a neat color. Almost a color absent of color but it would be nice to see in person.

Great pics showing the comparison.

IMG_2814.JPG
Here you go Riley. Quite simply,the ugliest paint I've seen on a Corvette. Sorry boys,any of you buy this,lol, please park away from the blue cars. Mine anyway !! It's a carbon 65 package. I made a 2 min vid I'll load after work.

Salesman sees me looking at it. Asks " what do you think? I replied " not much " he replied back " seems to be the common reply " good luck with this colour GM.

Here you go Riley. Quite simply,the ugliest paint I've seen on a Corvette. Sorry boys,any of you buy this,lol, please park away from the blue cars. Mine anyway !! It's a carbon 65 package. I made a 2 min vid I'll load after work.

Salesman sees me looking at it. Asks " what do you think? I replied " not much " he replied back " seems to be the common reply " good luck with this colour GM.

Awesome Mike! Your opinion following actually seeing - and not hugging - a specimen.
Thanks for taking the time to hunt this thing down on an Alberta Dealer Lot ...
MikeysZ06 weekly Motorsport report ... back to AB Tourism ... :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
View attachment 10752 Here you go Riley. Quite simply,the ugliest paint I've seen on a Corvette. Sorry boys,any of you buy this,lol, please park away from the blue cars. Mine anyway !! It's a carbon 65 package. I made a 2 min vid I'll load after work.

I have to agree. The graffiti on the fender is sketchy to me too. This special model has more CF in it, some unique interior features/colors and is supposed to be "the" Corvette for the year. I'm actually surprised to see it on the lot already.
Kind of hurts my eyes......Waste of a perfectly good Z06. :Cryin:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread