I had my coating applied through Westgate so I had no idea what level of coating my car has nor did I understand how it is applied or what the coating is. So Cathy and I drove over to the detail shop yesterday to get all our questions answered. We were taken into the shop and saw a few vehicles in various stages of the process. We were quite impressed with everything including the co-owner, Josh.

.... short story; they will be coating Cathy's 2017 Forester XT. Scratches, chips typical of any daily driver are not a problem and are always included in the cost....not a giant, second cost that I had expected.

It was a very busy shop and expanding so I have to conclude the product is the real-deal.

Hey Darren, where is NDT in Hamilton and what exactly is ceramic coating?

In short, a Ceramic Coating adds additional protection to your car’s exterior and helps keep it looking like-new with comparatively minimal maintenance. The coating achieves this result by making your vehicle more resilient and easier to clean. Here are the main benefits:

PROTECTION FROM UV DAMAGE / OXIDIZATION

If a vehicle is often exposed to the sun, its paint will begin to oxidize, resulting in dulled and faded paint. A layer of Ceramic Coating protects a vehicle’s paint from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, thereby reducing the amount of oxidization.

PROTECTION FROM CHEMICAL STAINS AND ETCHING

Another danger for your car is chemical staining from naturally acidic contaminants. By creating a chemically resistant surface, a Ceramic Coating can keep some contaminants from bonding to your vehicle’s paint. The result is that your vehicle will be more resistant to staining and etching, provided the contaminant is removed in a timely manner.

EASE OF CLEANING

One of the most significant features of a Ceramic Coating is that it is hydrophobic, which is a fancy way of saying it repels water. When a vehicle has a hydrophobic Ceramic Coating, water will bead on the surface and slide off more easily. This means that mud and grime will have a more difficult time bonding to your vehicle’s paint, and when you wash your car, contaminants can be removed with less effort.

ENHANCED GLOSS

If you want your paint to pop with gloss, you will want to add a Ceramic Coating. A good Ceramic Coating enhances the reflective properties of your car’s paint and clear coat, adding to the depth and clarity of your paint.

at the outset, a Ceramic Coating will add value to your vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Sounds like a pretty hefty investment. My only experience with any aftermarket coatings has been dealer applied and they were a total ripoff so I tend to be skeptical of these types of products. Having said that, I'm very interested in seeing a vehicle that has had the product applied.

Car is home and looks great i think. Has to sit for 2 weeks before any washing.

Attachments

• 20180826_093629.jpg
    20180826_093629.jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20180826_093704.jpg
    20180826_093704.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 74
Sounds like a pretty hefty investment. My only experience with any aftermarket coatings has been dealer applied and they were a total ripoff so I tend to be skeptical of these types of products. Having said that, I'm very interested in seeing a vehicle that has had the product applied.
When mine is done come see it. Not to far away. Mine is artic white so it is a good compare.

Last edited:
Reactions: FNIGUY
I’ve been using Nano Resins for years. I have two products that I like to use, 1 is Dr. Beasley Nano resin or 2. is CQUARTS UK 3.0. You can coat your car for around $100 if you do it yourself and the shine is amazing. As long as you follow the instructions you will be happy with either product. The product minimizes surface scratches and swirl marks and protects your paint for a couple of years after which you can just apply a new coating. The water/dirt repelling characteristics of this type of coating will make cleaning your car easier as well. Anyhow that’s my view on hydrophobic coatings....
😀
H

With the amount the average person drives their corvette after clay barring your car then a few coats of ceramic coating , hydrophobic, coating, it will last many years. I am doing 3 coats on all outer surfaces including rims . Went a checked out progress yesterday and it's looking amazing after one coat started second coat and oh boy, it gets better. ;)

With the amount the average person drives their corvette after clay barring your car then a few coats of ceramic coating , hydrophobic, coating, it will last many years. I am doing 3 coats on all outer surfaces including rims . Went a checked out progress yesterday and it's looking amazing after one coat started second coat and oh boy, it gets better. ;)

You’ll love the results of the ceramic coating. It seems expensive but I’m sure you will see the amazing difference when it is completed.

I'd be interested in learning which DIY product people have had success with. I have more time than $ so I'd like to go this route but do it myself. I have used Zaino for years but use a local coin-op car wash due to no space and hard water at home and the shine doesn't seem to last as long as it did on my yellow C5.

I'd be interested in learning which DIY product people have had success with. I have more time than $ so I'd like to go this route but do it myself. I have used Zaino for years but use a local coin-op car wash due to no space and hard water at home and the shine doesn't seem to last as long as it did on my yellow C5.

NTD uses Nano.

So I applied the 2nd coat of C-Quartz to the Stingray this past weekend. The first coat was the 'C-Quartz finest' (the older product) and the new version is 'C-Quartz UK 3.0'. It's the same work to apply, flashes a little faster but creates an amazing shine :) Here is the results... on a side note I think it works much better on chrome then the older C-Quartz (I did the wheels and they turned out just beautiful). Best place to buy the stuff around here seems to be Olde Town Auto Spa - Canada's Premier Supplier of Detailing Supplies

Attachments

• IMG_9131.jpg
    IMG_9131.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9133.jpg
    IMG_9133.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9135.jpg
    IMG_9135.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 37
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.