Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
May 12, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Convertible
Province
ON
What a day. I had a friend swap the OEM pads for ceramic ones. He didn't disconnect the battery terminal and that's where the problems began. Do not make the same mistake

Got a CEL and a brake malfunction and the limited speed notification. Took it to a shop and they were unable to get into the computer with their scanner. Had to them take it to the dealer and left it there. They gave me the song and dance "we will clear it, but can't guarantee you will have brakes after. Wtf!?

All this because I was tired of dirty rims. 😖. Keep you posted.

As per GM's TECHLINK Corvette Brake Service tips:
"The battery must be disconnected to prevent the brake master cylinder from pressurizing the hydraulic system during its automated self-diagnostic tests that can possibly occur when a door is opened or the key fob is activated. Disconnecting the battery also prevents Eboost DTCs from setting when bleeding the system or seating the pistons."

Attachments

• Corvette Brake Service Tips – TechLink.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
Is this a C8 thing to disconnect the battery when doing pads? I have never done that on anything I've owned and never heard of that requirement before.
Yes, I believe it's because of the "brake by wire" system

As per GM's TECHLINK Corvette Brake Service tips:
"The battery must be disconnected to prevent the brake master cylinder from pressurizing the hydraulic system during its automated self-diagnostic tests that can possibly occur when a door is opened or the key fob is activated. Disconnecting the battery also prevents Eboost DTCs from setting when bleeding the system or seating the pistons."

Thank you!

Reactions: Bucketoy
Everything worked out. They cleared the code and smashed me with a $180 bill to do so. Learn from my mistake friends!

‘I installed the Powerstop evolution pads. Works amazing, lots of bite and way less mess. I’m happy I chose them. The price was super! Ordered from Paragon performance and paid $91 for front and rear plus shipping.

Everything worked out. They cleared the code and smashed me with a $180 bill to do so. Learn from my mistake friends!

‘I installed the Powerstop evolution pads. Works amazing, lots of bite and way less mess. I’m happy I chose them. The price was super! Ordered from Paragon performance and paid $91 for front and rear plus shipping.
Wow that's a great deal for a good pad!

@FrancoG Looking at this some more, they are the Z16 pads? I've been looking at the Z23 and the Z26 pads as I currently have the AC Delco semi metalic that dust quite a bit. If the Z16s are good maybe I should consider?
E612A2B9-BFEB-4BF5-9C06-CBB9177F2472.jpeg

I think they pads are great. I've done some hard braking. Good bite and minimal dust. They are a winner for me!

Reactions: Creedence85
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread