Sep 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
The center console latch on my C6 was broken. I've read that this is a common issue. I wasn't about to pay $45 USD for a replacement, so I 3D printed a latch and it works great. It is easy to access by removing the bottom plastic cover via the torx screws.

I've attached the STL in case anyone wants to do the same.

Attachments

• 3d.jpg
    3d.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 39
  • fr_7828_size880.jpg
    fr_7828_size880.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 45
  • fr_7829_size880.jpg
    fr_7829_size880.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Corvette Center Console Latch v3.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: PistolPetesC8
The center console latch on my C6 was broken. I've read that this is a common issue. I wasn't about to pay $45 USD for a replacement, so I 3D printed a latch and it works great. It is easy to access by removing the bottom plastic cover via the torx screws.

I've attached the STL in case anyone wants to do the same.
Brave, fantastic work!

Great work! If my latch ever breaks I'll hopefully remember where to find this. How did you build the model for the printer to build it?

Great work! If my latch ever breaks I'll hopefully remember where to find this. How did you build the model for the printer to build it?
I used Fusion 360 to do the 3D modelling. I eyeballed some of the features, and took measurements for the rest. 3D printing is great, but it does come with some caveats, namely, you have to be wary of the print orientation because overhangs are difficult due to gravity (ie: you can't print in mid air).

Reactions: RockyPM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread