Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Heads up, first CCF outage is coming up this weekend. This is to accommodate phase 1 of our CCF upgrade. If all goes well it should be a small outage. This is just a forum migration so no new changes, should be a wee bit quicker.

The current plan for the CCF V2 upgrade is as follows:

Phase 1
Migrate existing CCF to new hardware/VMs on higher spec/higher resiliency infrastructure
Planned Date: Feb 10/11/12
Estimated Outage: 2 hours

Phase 2
Upgrade CCF forum platform
Planned Date: TBD (Feb)
Estimated Outage: 4-6 hours

Phase 3
Roll out of new CCF V2 features
Planned Date: TBD (Feb-Mar)
Estimated Outage: 30 mins

Well Nik... since I know next to nothing about proper protocol in my own affairs let alone the Internet's, I will leave this in your capable hands.... :confused:

No worries just post here if you see any weirdness over the next day or two. There will be various tinkering happening in the next day so CCF may go down for a few mins here and there but will keep it to a minimum.

Looks like things have stabilized with the migration so time to move onto the big upgrade finally. I'll post up the plan that will be promptly thrown away in another thread. Again if you experience any issues with the forums or the mobile app let me know but I'm not seeing any errors or weirdness on the backend.

We have a mobile app? LOL..Just kidding... Yeah I know.... Blackberry Blues....hahahaha... ... Have at it Nik...

You're not missing much.

This is basically what it looks like:

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread