Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
CCF Members,

I am going to go ahead and shutdown the board shortly for the long awaited upgrade.

Coupe of things to note:

1. I will be re-enabling the board at the soonest possible time after the upgrades complete successfully.
2. In the interest of an expeditious upgrade. Some classic CCF styling and skins will be applied gradually after I open up the board again so it will look really weird and different at first. Don't be afraid, it will be adjusted.
3. You will need to login again (your usernames/passwords do not change) so start remembering or use the forgot password feature if you can't.

To follow progress whilst CCF is down you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook below:
Twitter: Corvette Forums (@CorvetteForums) | Twitter
Facebook: Canadian Corvette Forums

Last edited:
I will look into doing something about this.

Hmm, that shouldn't happen. If you're on a non-touch device i.e. desktop/laptop you should just be able to hover and get a popup of reactions, on a touch device you need to press & hold it for longer than a second to get that pop up otherwise hitting it will default to a Like.
Ah Haaaa ...
The Old Outlook on a Desktop only Displays the "Like" for selection
The New Microsoft Edge has all the pop up reactions to select ....

Curious if it's me or not ...
Is the Title of the Thread now missing when you are within the thread and reading the comments.
I lose track of the thread title (likely as I enjoy the derailed comments too) and when I get to page #2, etc,
the Title of the Thread does not appear to be anywhere ... and I can't rememeber.
I know my remember part cannot be fixed but I wonder if the thread title was ever there before

It's all you Spence :) But this time it's me too, it's missing, let me check.

Just a quick update, as you may have noticed the CCF board continues to endure various tweaking as well as new feature introductions. We are still facing a few bugs that I'll be working to resolve, nothing too impacting for the audience.

There will be additional styling tweaks over the next few days that we hope you'll enjoy.

Our mobile app has also received a few updates including one this morning (for Android specifically) so do update it regularly if you're using it as there was a break/fix issue with it.

Our next 2 new features that we hope you'll enjoy are Bookmarks and Q&A.

1. Bookmarks will allow you to save and annotate your favourite posts, threads, media because let's face it we all lose track
2. Q&A threads will be an experiment but will allow us to turn forums and threads into Q&A with answers being up and downvoted accordingly. This is particularly suitable for tech questions and suggestions where a number of us simply want to get the best answer to a problem rather than conjecture. We hope this will take off as it's pretty new for a car forum.

More on this soon.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ok, I am confused. I just posted a couple of pictures in Beauty and Ambition threads but when I click on "New Posts" or "What's New" they don't show up. Am I doing something wrong? The only way I could find them to see if they posted was to go to "My Content" and open them that way. I found the same thing happened yesterday with the CTC update. I find it a bit confusing why I get different results when clicking on these two buttons in various places. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, I am confused. I just posted a couple of pictures in Beauty and Ambition threads but when I click on "New Posts" or "What's New" they don't show up. Am I doing something wrong? The only way I could find them to see if they posted was to go to "My Content" and open them that way. I found the same thing happened yesterday with the CTC update. I find it a bit confusing why I get different results when clicking on these two buttons in various places. Am I doing something wrong?

I see your pics Murray. Sorry for the confusion. Both New Posts and What's New go to New Posts. You will never see your own post under new posts as it only shows new replies to posts (not your own).

If you go to What's New (top menu)->What's New (in the tab under) that is actually the equivalent of Recent Posts that will show all posts including your own.

In hindsight I should rename What's New to Recent Posts as it was before.

Reactions: ddgermann
I think if you post something it will NOT show-up as a ‘new post’ to you....
But it showed-up as a ‘new post’ to me and others.
I believe it shows-up in the ‘ latest posts’ file.
Graham

I think I understand how it works now. It is different from before is that correct? That is not a problem just wondering that all.

Thanks Nik, for all you do with this site. Lots of work.

I think I understand how it works now. It is different from before is that correct? That is not a problem just wondering that all.

Thanks Nik, for all you do with this site. Lots of work.

No problem Murray. The concept is the same as before just some of the layout and labelling is different. New posts are always threads and posts that the system thinks you've not read. Once you read them they disappear. Recent posts are a chronological listing of all posts irrespective of whether you've read them or not.

There are now many filters available to all under the what's new section that allow you to customize what you see. I'll have to do a write up on it next week as I sort of left you all in a small dark place to learn the new CCF :)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

Users who are viewing this thread