New Suggestion

Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
We know you love posting on CCF but sometimes you just want to have your own piece of the pie and form your personal social group. Your choices are becoming a data point and selling personal info and soul to Facebook, email or possibly CCF Social Groups.

Idea is simple, allow members to create and manage their own social groups within CCF. These groups can be public, private by invitation or private by application. You have your own group page, group forum, group moderators, group events etc very similar to FB groups without the stigma or contribution to Zuckerbergs hair dresser fund. As group owners you can moderate your group posts and manage members.

Upvote if you're interested.

Reactions: turbozig
Help an old fart out here... by creating our own Social Groups within CCF do you mean like setting up sub forums within this forum? Or on a separate site hosted by the CCF server? 'Cause I left Facebook a little while ago and have no intentions of going back.

Help an old fart out here... by creating our own Social Groups within CCF do you mean like setting up sub forums within this forum? Or on a separate site hosted by the CCF server? 'Cause I left Facebook a little while ago and have no intentions of going back.

Yes, you can have your own sub-forums within CCF. All hosted and within CCF.

Reactions: Gummiente
I answered NO to the suggestion re offering social groups; my reason being that I see it as the breaking down of a
fairly cohesive corvette owners group. We can already enjoy like minded folks in each of the C1,C2,C3, etc model
groups, and I feel that a further division would lead us to lose the feeling of belonging to a group of corvette
enthusiasts, with shared interests.
Anyway, my 2c worth. [g].
Tony

If you want to reach more FOLKS, go to social media. If you want to reach more CORVETTE FOLKS, stick to the forum.

That's fair. To clarify the goal here is to help corvette owners organize their circle of Vette friends not to reach more people. There is a risk of fragmentation of course but I don't expect uptake to be high. I will leave this on the backburner until someone asks me to create a collaborative thread 😬

To be honest, I am not a facebook fan but I see this as a place exactly as mentioned; for a circle of friends. A place to discuss things without interference (if you so wish), and I'm assuming policed by the original forum creator. I see this as an option for select friends to converse, outside of the public ears, amongst themselves without having to use PM to do it.
I don't see it taking away from the regular forum and agree that it likely my not be utilized much. But it does give us options and I appreciate the innovative ideas we are offered.

Reactions: nascar03

Users who are viewing this thread