Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Girls and Boys of CCF,

Little pro tip for you to make filtering through an ever increasing number of new and useful posts. You can now use Category and Forum filters in the (New) New Posts and New Threads views.

When on the forum home (index page) you'll see these new tabs that you may have missed before.

Clicking on the right hand Forum filter will essentially create a filter to show you only new posts and threads based on the forums or forum categories you've checked off. For those of you with 916 unread messages such as the poor sap in the screenshot do give this feature a go.

I am thinking of eventually switching the ever so popular What's New button to point to here so good opportunity for you to get used to this.

pro-tip-1.png

I don't understand the purpose of having those titles in the top bar when just above it you have the same items in smaller font and same function.

I'd say drop the new "buttons" and leave them up in the bar in small font. Get rid of the wide "white" bar holding the new buttons, which gives more screen space back to the viewer. More screen real estate available means less scrolling, and less hassle.

Or not. Just my opinion.....I'll just use a "block element" script and remove it from my display to give me more screen space if the decision is to keep the added bar.

:)

I don't understand the purpose of having those titles in the top bar when just above it you have the same items in smaller font and same function.

I'd say drop the new "buttons" and leave them up in the bar in small font. Get rid of the wide "white" bar holding the new buttons, which gives more screen space back to the viewer. More screen real estate available means less scrolling, and less hassle.

Or not. Just my opinion.....I'll just use a "block element" script and remove it from my display to give me more screen space if the decision is to keep the added bar.

:)

Ultimately that is what's going to happen. I'm gradually introducing these to make sure most at least click on them then we will start collapsing them into fewer options. I too am a firm believer in using up real estate. Ultimately What's New is going to have the Filter bars on the side.

I think we should scatter each of the options all over the window and have them so they re-scatter in different places each time we log in... :angelic: One more reason I'm not the administrator ..... :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread