Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
CCFCs but to coin yer phrase.

This is an idea I've been toying with for a while and finally (after some logo rework) will be working on shortly. We are looking to go live in the next week or less.

What is it?
CCF Clubs bring the awesome unabashed and totally modest power of CCF to a local club level. Essentially these will be self-managed Club pages and club sub-forums (together with their own membership and moderators) within the CCF fold.

What's the point of a club then if I'm on CCF already? Isn't CCF a Club?
CCF isn't a club. But well because we can. Also if you say run a Corvette club or a butterfly spotting club, and you want to use/invite other likeminded members CCF Clubs makes it super easy (especially if your Club members are already CCF members).

My Club is already on Facebook, why should I care?
Facebook is cool for sharing the odd pic but it's really cumbersome for running clubs or maintaining searchable history of past club events. Forums are actually much much better vehicles for Club chit chat and event planning. Also we won't bombard you and your members with ads or mine every ounce of data we have on you.

Is it free?
Yep

Can I create any club?
Within reason. Simply PM me or reply here and we will review. Of course CCF being a Corvette forum we're very much ok with Corvette Clubs. We will also entertain other themes given enough interest.

What type of Club formats are there? What do I need to provide?
We need the following info:
a) logo/placeholder pic of your club if any
b) name of club
c) moderator of club (this would automatically be the requester unless otherwise specified)
d) public, invite only or private (private clubs can only be viewed by club members)
e) anticipated number of members (no need to be scientific here but a rough estimate helps us scale it properly)

I'm interested, what's next?
Send me a message or post below with the above info. Alternatively if you are a senior member with over 100 posts you may create it yourself via Groups->Add new New Group feature in the menu above.

The feature will be available very shortly so do let me know if interested.

The Groups/Clubs feature has now been rolled out to all Regular and more senior members. That is to say members with a post count > 100.

You can access it via Groups->Add New Group in the menu. All Group requests are automated and will go to the Moderation Queue for approval.

Currently I have segregated things into two high level categories Automotive and Entertainment and appropriate sub categories so pick what you feel is relevant.

After you create the group you can specify the privacy settings as well as Rules for your Club. You may then invite and/or accept requests to join your group from CCF members.

Each Club has the ability to create it's own events and subforums, and has its own activity stream.

Play around and see if you like it.

Suggestions always welcomed.

This is a very cool idea Nik. I just navigated around and it is intuitive enough even I could do it! Now if a certain unnamed group could pick a name....:rolleyes:

Thanks
D

Thanks, it can definitely work for Corvette Clubs, special interest groups and the like. Think of it as your group(s) forum and event manager within a forum. There's a few glitches but it's good enough for a Beta.

Excellent. I've been thinking of a name for our "Non Corvette Club" that cruises together
Maybe "Alberta Corvette Cruisers" or "Corvette Cruisers of Alberta" Clean and simple and to the point.
Perhaps a few ideas and a logo that incorporates the CCF?
I'm sure this will continue to attract attention.

OK, I will be the voice of dissent. If I understand this correctly it will break the forum up into regional packs. When I joined it seems to me that the forum was Ontario centred, numbers may say that is not correct, but without doubt it now has a definite western flavour. Nothing wrong with that but we have contributors like Fred from Newfoundland to Rob in Victoria and everyone in between participating with encouragement with what the other regions are doing. In fact the western faction seems to be so active in getting together it is quite incredible. I enjoy the planning, friendships made, banter, problem solving and problem creating:Biggrin:, humour and photography of the events.

I would hate to see that get secluded off into another sub forum. It would be in my mind a blow to what the Canadian Corvette Forum has developed into. I have said it before but this place is unique, the people make it so. Maybe I am reading this wrong. JMO.

OK, I will be the voice of dissent. If I understand this correctly it will break the forum up into regional packs. When I joined it seems to me that the forum was Ontario centred, numbers may say that is not correct, but without doubt it now has a definite western flavour. Nothing wrong with that but we have contributors like Fred from Newfoundland to Rob in Victoria and everyone in between participating with encouragement with what the other regions are doing. In fact the western faction seems to be so active in getting together it is quite incredible. I enjoy the planning, friendships made, banter, problem solving and problem creating:Biggrin:, humour and photography of the events.

I would hate to see that get secluded off into another sub forum. It would be in my mind a blow to what the Canadian Corvette Forum has developed into. I have said it before but this place is unique, the people make it so. Maybe I am reading this wrong. JMO.

Murray, very much welcome your feedback. I totally get what you're saying and that's not what I'm aiming for here.

The primary aim of Clubs/Groups is to attract existing Corvette Clubs, Facebook Groups and the like who may already have members here on CCF. What we want to do is offer a free service to those organizers here on CCF and have them use CCF as a platform to continue to organize their events (much like they do today on Facebook and other platforms). Idea being that once they're on CCF our membership will grow and they will hopefully cross-pollinate become more active members right here rather than Facebook. We hope that offering an ad free Corvette only forum and capabilities beyond what Facebook is offering we will attract a few traditional 'clubs' eventually.

I definitely do not plan nor want to segregate any members into clubs. As always we will see how this goes, if the feature is not utilized it will be removed.

Reactions: ddgermann
I have been suggesting possibly a name for the groups that travel and cruise together from a province (any province of territory) The Alberta 403/780 group has organized a couple of cruises involving a group of like minded people with like minded interests with Corvettes and had huge success with making new friendships. I have suggested various names of a group and many many times stated that what ever name is chosen, used or suggested that is will fall under the umbrella of the CCF.
This is never in any way meant to segregate or divide us (CCF) into a smaller spin off groups. We are already divided into groups such as 403/780 as each province or territory has a different area code used to designate which province we fall under within the umbrella of the CCF. We have had many people approach us while cruising as ask what club is this or what is the name of your group? My answer has been FRIENDS. How we became friends is from "like minded people with like minded interests, Corvettes, Fun and Smiles. The greatest goal is to travel and have other CCF friends from other provinces meet and cruise together
The intention is "The non Corvette Club" with only a designation of where we are from.
Does it matter if a group has a name, probably not.
Just my point of view
Cheers

Last edited:
I have been suggesting possibly a name for the groups that travel and cruise together from a province (any province of territory) The Alberta 403/780 group has organized a couple of cruises involving a group of like minded people with like minded interests with Corvettes and had huge success with making new friendships. I have suggested various names of a group and many many times stated that what ever name is chosen, used or suggested that is will fall under the umbrella of the CCF.
This is never in any way meant to segregate or divide us (CCF) into a smaller spin off groups. We are already divided into groups such as 403/780 as each province or territory has a different area code used to designate which province we fall under within the umbrella of the CCF. We have had many people approach us while cruising as ask what club is this or what is the name of your group? My answer has been FRIENDS. How we became friends is from "like minded people with like minded interests, Corvettes, Fun and Smiles. The greatest goal is to travel and have other CCF friends from other provinces meet and cruise together
The intention is "The non Corvette Club" with only a designation of where we are from.
Still pushing "Alberta Corvette Cruisers" (under the CCF logo)
Cheers

Very well written Dennis, you have my vote for Alberta Corvette Cruisers! :thumbs:

with all respect, I hope this comes across correctly ...
It is hoped that the discussion of "Alberta Corvette Cruisers (CCF)" or "Alberta Corvette Cruisers of CCF" can be seen with an intent for keeping our CCF unity along with being respectful to not coming across as a representation of every member in the Country. As many know, read and enjoy, a small fraction of CCF membership in Alberta are taking large strides.
Starting annually with the Ponoka meet-and-greet, we have had two overnight cruises in 2017, uncounted day cruises and we have cruised within a cruise (i.e. CCF Corvettes cruising with AB Camaros). A few have been representing CCF at various show-and-shines and even a Make-A-Wish Charity Event. We are also growing and will be growing in 2018. We promote CCF (cards) as we cruise throughout the Province.
It's a "test" to determine if a name can be agreed and used for a few reasons along with recently finding that we are being referred to online as "the Corvette Club" with a photo of our Corvettes". Facebook has posting commented with "who are these people" and "how can I join (club)"?
Suggestions are all appreciated and respected knowing that we are attempting to uphold the best interest of this Forum's membership. We will seek acceptance for anything that may imply a representation of the CCF, through Nik.
Although we may look like a Duck, walk and etc, we will not have fees, we will not have monthly meetings and we will not be "a Club" with intentions to remain as we have been on the forum under 403/780.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
I'm sure that most of you know that I support this idea from a previous post.
As we have the CCF = Canadian Corvette Forum.
My thoughts.
ACC = Alberta Corvette Cruisers.

Once again only my 2 cents worth!

Reactions: YFCvii
Just to update everyone, I've sort of created a test Group called the CCF Gaming Group just to demo some (not all) of the features of CCF Groups. It's a test group right now so you may join but it may also get removed in future. Browse around.

I need to work out some kinks and do some more work on the styling as I'm not too happy with the visuals but features are fully functional today.