Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Happy New Year Ladies & Gents.

I've been away for a couple of weeks so thought I'd give a bit of a quick summary of what's happening at CCF.

Sponsorships:

We will be kicking off the new year with a more aggressive search for valued sponsors of CCF. We like the idea of offering CCF (and GlobalVette) members with exclusive deals and discounts where possible. Keep a look out for some new sponsors coming your way shortly.

New skinning and logos are being developed and we are toying with the idea of offering CCF paraphernalia and apparel in very limited quantities in the next few months. CCF branded T-Shirts, plaques and the like are heading your way for those special black tie events where a plain tux simply won't do.

Techie Stuff:

The promised Q&A system is weeks away from launch allowing users to upvote threads and create more robust technical content.

We also have some improvements of the classifieds system, some general cleanup and final migration to secure CCF browsing. A couple of bugs with mobile browsing will be addressed by this.

Mobile app is kicked off and I'm working on some basic UX designs for it. We will have hopefully by Spring time a dedicated downloadable mobile app for Android and iOS/Apple devices from the appstores. The app will push notifications out to you whenever something that you're interested in happens on CCF like a new private message or thread notifications.

New Sites:

As the GlobalVette site finally kicks off (will be out of beta by next week) we are in the process of diversifying and offering a Canadian Camaro forum of similar ilk to CCF. It will have a different look and feel, and will of course be accessible to all CCF members from the start in case you happen to own the other C car.

Donations:

We've put some additional donation options under Profile->Account Upgrades as well as buttons on the sidebars. As a reminder CCF does not make money and is run by volunteers. Any and all proceeds from donations and sponsors go directly back into the infrastructure and software licensing needed to keep CCF humming along and growing at a frantic pace.

Spread the word:

Another great way of helping your corvette community is to spread the word. Invite your fellow corvette driving enthusiasts to this forum. Use the invite system to make things easier or simply stalk them until they give in.

Thanks and welcome to 2016.

CCF

[HASHTAG]#ccf2016[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: LSXtasy
Nik, you guys have worked hard over the last year to make the changes and improvements. I really enjoy this site, it is the contributors, owner, moderators that set the standards of being one of the best sites I have been on.

Well done.:thumbs:

Totally agree Murray. Can't say enough about this site, the managers and the members. I will wear a CCF shirt with pride.....and I'm hoping that caps may also be on the list.

Eric

Some updates on the above.

App is currently in alpha state, moving to beta next month, trying hard to get it out in the next couple of months.

In the mean time we have a major update lined up in the proverbial queue. It's a new system for managing your own pics, items and updates, kind of like the my garage functionality you see on other forums but with obviously a lot more features. This should be ready in the next couple of weeks.

Some updates on the above.

App is currently in alpha state, moving to beta next month, trying hard to get it out in the next couple of months.

In the mean time we have a major update lined up in the proverbial queue. It's a new system for managing your own pics, items and updates, kind of like the my garage functionality you see on other forums but with obviously a lot more features. This should be ready in the next couple of weeks.
There are "other" forums? :Confused5:

There are no other corvette forums... I was speaking anecdotally of course

Actually you may have thought your verbage was ancedotal based but you were correct... I found a Carve-it forum... It dwells on woodworking...and talks about garage functionality as well... of course with 4 bay doors and 12 foot ceilings, how can a garage not be funtional....:p

One last update, the new garage/showcase functionality is coming along pretty nicely. We will have a brand new way to showcase your cars including a dedicated database for timeslips, dyno runs and other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Always open to suggestions.

There will be some changes to the forums with more pics being shown of showcases/garages in prominent places.

I expect to turn it up by this weekend if all goes to plan.

July updates.

Showcase launched as you may have spotted and I see some peeps other than myself and fanciful imagination using it. We may move the showcase album from the top of the forum home to the bottom in the near future.

The mobile app is taking a wee bit longer but is not far. I'm hoping to get an iOS version out as early as Aug with an Android to follow.