Apr 8, 2018
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
I know this has been asked a few times I imagine.
But what catch cans are you guys running and what seems to be working best? Prefer to order somewhere from Canada to save on shipping and duties.
Thanks!

actually, I'm agonizing over which catch can to buy as well. Its for a new (to me) C6 Z06. Let me say, that I wouldn't bother if it was used solely on street, and despite my engine being stock, its only because I will use it for track days that I am considering one.

So, I've narrowed my choices down to 3, but first will actually do a track day with the car later this month, then pull off the the throttle body to see just how much oil has actually been deposited into the intake. Need to know...or if this is really something only modified engines require.

1) This is generally accepted to be the best ...and most expensive
https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/product-page/c6-z-mild
what I like; is how it has a sight glass and easy to access drain valve and really good internal separation chambers. Nice black anodized fittings
what I dislike (besides U$267 price of course); is how its very obvious in the engine bay and that I fear the filter on top may mist the engine bay with residue. But, perhaps only if stupidly allowed to fill. Not sure and I will investigate

2) This is another choice, Standard Catch Cans and I've already bought something else from this company (very well made).
what I like: is how its tucked away neatly, at the front of the engine partially under the plastic valve cover shroud. I think its also chambered properly to separate the oil/vapor, and I like that it doesn't have a breather on top.
dislikes: no drain valve, which means emptying it may be difficult to access, especially when hot, and requires unscrewing the bottom half. I can just imagine spilling the oil. They also sell a $20 replacement o-ring...which may be a consumable with frequent uses. I don't know. Optioned with black fittings, its $US198.

3) Finally, 05-12 Corvette Billet Catch Can Oil LS2 LS3 LS7 Z06
Likes: tucked away neatly like Elite's, apparently a good filter medium, also multi-chamber design and also has a drain petcock like Mighty Mouse which may make draining it easier than unscrewing halves like Elite's. It also has an optional diffuser for $20 which can't hurt.
Dislikes: smaller capacity (its shorter, because of required access to the drain.
Price, optioned the way I'd buy it is U$170

Perhaps I'm overthinking all this, but here's a good read

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, I'm agonizing over which catch can to buy as well. Its for a new (to me) C6 Z06. Let me say, that I wouldn't bother if it was used solely on street, and despite my engine being stock, its only because I will use it for track days that I am considering one.

So, I've narrowed my choices down to 3, but first will actually do a track day with the car later this month, then pull off the the throttle body to see just how much oil has actually been deposited into the intake. Need to know...or if this is really something only modified engines require.

1) This is generally accepted to be the best ...and most expensive
https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/product-page/c6-z-mild
what I like; is how it has a sight glass and easy to access drain valve and really good internal separation chambers. Nice black anodized fittings
what I dislike (besides U$267 price of course); is how its very obvious in the engine bay and that I fear the filter on top may mist the engine bay with residue. But, perhaps only if stupidly allowed to fill. Not sure and I will investigate

2) This is another choice, Standard Catch Cans and I've already bought something else from this company (very well made).
what I like: is how its tucked away neatly, at the front of the engine partially under the plastic valve cover shroud. I think its also chambered properly to separate the oil/vapor, and I like that it doesn't have a breather on top.
dislikes: no drain valve, which means emptying it may be difficult to access, especially when hot, and requires unscrewing the bottom half. I can just imagine spilling the oil. They also sell a $20 replacement o-ring...which may be a consumable with frequent uses. I don't know. Optioned with black fittings, its $US198.

3) Finally, 05-12 Corvette Billet Catch Can Oil LS2 LS3 LS7 Z06
Likes: tucked away neatly like Elite's, apparently a good filter medium, also multi-chamber design and also has a drain petcock like Mighty Mouse which may make draining it easier than unscrewing halves like Elite's. It also has an optional diffuser for $20 which can't hurt.
Dislikes: smaller capacity (its shorter, because of required access to the drain.
Price, optioned the way I'd buy it is U$170

Perhaps I'm overthinking all this, but here's a good read

How about elite’s!

Ha! actually, that’s the one I just ordered!
Primary reason being that it mounts close to the head, tucked away and not so prominently in the engine bay. The only caveat seems to be that it may be more difficult to undo and drain in that location.
Anyway, we’ll see after hibernation

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.