You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Front cats removed yesterday, coupled with catless Corsa X-pipe I could not be happier! It sounds like a total beast with valves open and stock with a push of the Mild to Wild button. No more heat build up As a bonus, although I haven't figured it out exactly, my mileage has definitely improved. I typically have around 380 to empty after filling up in Calgary and driving home to Golden. Yesterdays reading shows almost 500 to empty. Haven't had a chance to gauge seat of the pants performance as it was raining almost all the way. Unlimited Performance did the work, great shop, great people! Video to follow. On a side note, I drove through some Pea sized hail in Calgary, wow is that loud hitting the clear roof!

We have no inspections in BC and with valves closed it sounds stock. I'll take my chances
You might want to check the regulations in B.C. I sold a B.C. guy our 1969 L78 Chevelle in 2012. It had to pass the emissions test when going into his name. It failed twice. He took it to another test facility and it passed with flying colours. Just something to be aware of.

You might want to check the regulations in B.C. I sold a B.C. guy our 1969 L78 Chevelle in 2012. It had to pass the emissions test when going into his name. It failed twice. He took it to another test facility and it passed with flying colours. Just something to be aware of.
The lower mainland ( also known as NIMBY Central) used to have mandatory emissions testing but abandoned it many years ago. I happen to be a franchised car dealer so am up on the ever changing, sometimes ridiculous rules in BC. Your 1932 ratrod needs wipers even if it does not have a windshield. Been fortunate enough to own several classics over the years here including this one built in Ontario. Blown 528 69 Hemi GTX. 67 Camaro convertible blown 454 pro Street also built in Ontario.

Attachments

• 20180618_063601.jpg
    20180618_063601.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 11406569_10154047892595260_1079676790752988830_o.jpg
    11406569_10154047892595260_1079676790752988830_o.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 59
The lower mainland ( also known as NIMBY Central) used to have mandatory emissions testing but abandoned it many years ago. I happen to be a franchised car dealer so am up on the ever changing, sometimes ridiculous rules in BC. Your 1932 ratrod needs wipers even if it does not have a windshield. Been fortunate enough to own several classics over the years here including this one built in Ontario. Blown 528 69 Hemi GTX. 67 Camaro convertible blown 454 pro Street also built in Ontario.

I see that cats are definitely not allowed on that Camaro.

• Haha
Reactions: Dantanman
Nice, primary cats and secondary cats deleted. Gotta love that note.
I did the same thing about 2 weeks into having my Vette, lol.
Cut out the primary cats, Corsa XPipe eliminated secondary cats and then threw some Corsa Extremes on the rear. sounds like an absolute monster.
I'm guessing you had to put a tune into it too?

I had been thinking abt enhancing the exhaust, but now, in Vancouver, the police have the authority to pull one over and do a decibel test on the exhaust note. If its over the allotted reading you get fined and are given a time period to bring it back for testing again. If it comes stock form the factory and fails the test they cant do anything...... so for now track mode will do

I had been thinking abt enhancing the exhaust, but now, in Vancouver, the police have the authority to pull one over and do a decibel test on the exhaust note. If its over the allotted reading you get fined and are given a time period to bring it back for testing again. If it comes stock form the factory and fails the test they cant do anything...... so for now track mode will do
Wonder how that would work if a "stock" exhaust exceeded their level but another non stock exhaust came in at the same level. Might be interesting in court - with a knowledgeable lawyer.

Wonder how that would work if a "stock" exhaust exceeded their level but another non stock exhaust came in at the same level. Might be interesting in court - with a knowledgeable lawyer.
That is an interesting question. My understanding is that if its stock from factory but loud, you get a pass. If the exhaust was modified in any way you get a fail and a fine. It may very well be tested in court but I have not heard of any cases....... yet.

That is an interesting question. My understanding is that if its stock from factory but loud, you get a pass. If the exhaust was modified in any way you get a fail and a fine. It may very well be tested in court but I have not heard of any cases....... ye
I would think that decibel level would be the "legal" gauge in court. Whether or not the officer thinks it is loud is irrelevant. So if one exhaust is stock and "legal" at lets say 85db then a non-stock exhaust should be legal at the same db level. One just have to have the stats on a "legal" exhaust system in hand. Running with the valves open in the dual mode exhaust is technically legal while still being louder than with the valves closed.
Again, one would have to have a knowledgeable lawyer for that unless you can supply all the documentation as to stock db levels.
Here is a video with metered stock and after-market exhausts. Stock is even louder than I thought decibel wise.

Last edited:
After having driven in Vancouver for many years I have seen that sound test one or two times on motorcycles. All bikes coming into the city on the Burrard street bridge were stopped Then each one was asked to rev their motors and tested as close by as allowed by audio meters, if too loud the prescribed fine then allocated...
Al...
Lotsa fun..

I've installed mini cats on a couple of vehicles here in Ontario when looking for increased performance. Passed all emissions and hi flow. Take care of our environment.....it's the only one we have. :canada: 😎

When we bought our L78 Chevelle many years ago, it had headers on it. It has never been legal, here in Ontario, to remove any emissions related devices and there was/is a hefty fine for doing so. I put the stock manifolds and smog system back on the car. I could feel no seat of the pants difference with the change. The quarter mile times might make a slight difference but I don't liver anywhere near a drag strip. We've left our 2005 Corvette stock except for the Vararam intake. The car did pass the emissions test back then with that one change. I've never been a fan of loud exhaust, so there has been no desire to change anything when the Corvette is already quicker than any of the old musclecars that I ever had.

When we bought our L78 Chevelle many years ago, it had headers on it. It has never been legal, here in Ontario, to remove any emissions related devices and there was/is a hefty fine for doing so. I put the stock manifolds and smog system back on the car. I could feel no seat of the pants difference with the change. The quarter mile times might make a slight difference but I don't liver anywhere near a drag strip. We've left our 2005 Corvette stock except for the Vararam intake. The car did pass the emissions test back then with that one change. I've never been a fan of loud exhaust, so there has been no desire to change anything when the Corvette is already quicker than any of the old musclecars that I ever had.
Unless you are tracking the car I doubt that the majority of us will ever be able to use all the power that is available. For one, except for the autoroutes, the roads are not built for speed.
My pleasure is pushing it on a winding road through some valley passes. There is one especially pleasureful uphill triple "S" curve that if I can pull 80 I am all smiles. Limit is 60. Downhill is completely different as there is a stop at the end. I do occasionally pull 145 on a straight if I want to pass but would hate to see the grape and cherry lights behind me. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread