Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
Can't stand the garbage factory Z51 exhaust anymore and I want to order a Paragon unit with AFM/NPP valve simulators. Will installing this void any of my warranty? I've had exhaust systems on a lot of my vehicles in the past but having one on the C8 and the dealer telling me to pound sand if I have a transmission issue for example is worrisome. The US has the magnuson moss warranty act where the manufacturer has to prove a modification by the owner caused a fault and we don't have that here. Any thoughts?

I posted in another thread about exhausts. I'd be careful with aftermarket exhausts other than Borla because most lack heat shielding that matches OEM standards. I believe the only aftermarket exhaust offered by GM is a Borla. Short term this is likely fine, but long term heat soak can cause issues with wiring harnesses and hoses hardening and cracking. The exhaust as you know is very close to the DCT, and everything I've seen on the DCT says it needs to be kept within tight operating temps. Warranty? Hard to say if you have a long-term issue with something other than the exhaust itself if the dealer/GM will attribute that to the aftermarket exhaust and deny warranty coverage.

I believe there is a similar case with rad screens where only the Scrape Armor ones are certified by GM and tested to not interfere with cooling. If you use non-certified rad screens and have a problem caused by inadequate cooling, I'm not sue that would be covered.

Duplicate. Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.