Featured Thread

XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Have any of you ever got a CarFax report on a vehicle ? I never did untill the other day I was asking around if any GM dealer would take my newly acquired 93 coupe on trade on a truck. They all ask for the VIN of the car, but one dealer handed me the CarFax report on my Vette. Very interesting the info it can dig up. What I found out is that my car was sold new and registered in Texas on my 40th birthday , and the Vette was 40 same year ( we are both 53's ) .I live on hwy 40 , the last 4 numbers of my phone are 4040 . Now that is I don't know what to say , but maybe it wants me to keep it so maybe for now I will hang on to it and see how it behaves as I only drove it twice.

IM003057.JPG

IM003066.JPG

Have any of you ever got a CarFax report on a vehicle ? I never did untill the other day I was asking around if any GM dealer would take my newly acquired 93 coupe on trade on a truck. They all ask for the VIN of the car, but one dealer handed me the CarFax report on my Vette. Very interesting the info it can dig up. What I found out is that my car was sold new and registered in Texas on my 40th birthday , and the Vette was 40 same year ( we are both 53's ) .I live on hwy 40 , the last 4 numbers of my phone are 4040 . Now that is I don't know what to say , but maybe it wants me to keep it so maybe for now I will hang on to it and see how it behaves as I only drove it twice.

View attachment 24118
View attachment 24119

Michael. I'm not sure that is a good idea. Won't keeping the C4 dampen the dedication to complaining about vehicles less than 60 years old? ;)

Michael. I'm not sure that is a good idea. Won't keeping the C4 dampen the dedication to complaining about vehicles less than 60 years old? ;)
.........I know, I'm having a hard time with this, this new car doesn't suit me, had a weak moment and I'm stuck with it now. But all things happen for a reason. I could drive it at night and no one would see me in it. But if one more guy says to me when did I get the Camaro then I need to do something about it.....:cool:.....:Beatdeadhorse:.

When did you get the Camaro? 😁

.....got the thing last October. But that is it , if this don't fix the Camaro id then I'm done. GM was too cheap ( or imbarrassed ) to put a chrome script on the car showing what it is . So I picked up the chrome stick on letters that go in the painted groves front and back of the thing. Also I got this 12 inch metal sign that I'll drill holes in the hood maybe and that should be readable to tell what the car is. Also ordering a personal plate with 93 Vette on it which may help .

IM003490.JPG

IM003496.JPG

Reactions: ccltj
Ouch. Michael, you kill me.

Please don't put those chrome letters on a car that has no other chrome. Chrome is for shiny thing that stand still and look pretty. Corvettes are not meant to stand still.

That is a fantastic and rare color. Drive that car and enjoy it. Even if it has a weird Back To The Future dashboard.

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj and XFIRE82
well the chrome letters are going on 4sure, the hood maybe doesn't have a big enough flat spot to fit right.,,, maybe I'll try the door and see if I can bend it right to fit , but I'll have to get another sign for the other side. Has to warm up before I try anything, I'm afraid to touch Rosie as she just might snap in pieces, it was -48 with wind chill this morning. I hooked up my trailer at 7 this morning and the trailer wiring cable would not bend when I tried to plug into the truck and snap crack it bust on me , just too cold.

Reactions: ccltj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.