Casual User
Aug 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
Hi there! New to the forum.
Very curious to know what most guys do in terms of car wash. I would like routinely keep It clean.

Does anyone in york region have any recommendations for a car wash service that will not damage the paint?

Thanks!

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Very curious to know what most guys do in terms of car wash. I would like routinely keep It clean.

Does anyone in york region have any recommendations for a car wash service that will not damage the paint?

Thanks!
Touch less or brushless car wash. I use my cordless leaf blower after. 🤓👍

This sign comes with every C8. No car wash showers. Personally they don't work well anyway on all the nooks and crannies on the c8

1628428051890.png

touchless wash or 2 bucket method only way to go, or if in a pinch/road trip a wand wash can make do. I wash it myself 99.9% of the time. Youtube videos are great but a lot of them will be going above what 90% of any owner will actually do or want to even attempt.

Leaf blower is a greattttt tip if you have one to use.

Reactions: TCinthe6
Thanks for all the reply!

I wish there’s detail shops that does a good quality wash without requiring a full detail.

All the quick service I’ve been will scratch the car up pretty good.

Thanks!
Bucket of clean water, old clean towels to dry it...if you have kids living in the house...engage them to help :) Quick and no cost. Our weekly ritual here.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I coated my black trident wheels on Monday with Avalon King ceramic.
Took about 5 -6 hours to do 2 coats.
Depending on wheel design this will be less time.
Results in shine are fantastic will see what it does with the brake dust next week. I am hoping it will rinse off.
Took about half a bottle (30ml) to do the 2 coats then 5-7 days with no water to dry.
I am excited to do my whole Tacoma next with it . The application process is straight forward. Just need it super clean and no dust around when your applying it.
If you have a coupe wet down two towels for weight and lay them on vents on the back lid. Keeps most of the water out of the engine bay that way.
Happy washing !!

I always leave the CC of wheels to the off-season, so much easier to just take them off and work on them when car is not being used anymore. It is all about the prep, after that ceramic is a breeze.

It’s my first season of owning a Corvette ever. Good idea with the off season but I have two sets of rims with tires. One has the sports tires the other all seasons due to the unpredictable mountain weather when driving up to Sunpeaks. Once my black set is on will clean and coat the silver ones as well as the calipers.
Happy motoring WPGZ06

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.