Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
I had a set of wooden ramps that lets say lacked that "quality" touch. Last year I built a new set that turned out really well, the car just eased up and the jack slid under the crossmember without touching any body work.

Then along comes one of those "alternative" thinkers and I am disappointed that I had not viewed this video before hand. Part of the problem with virtually any ramp it that they impede access under the car from the side. This guy figured out a solution and it seems to work well. Not sure if mine can be modified or maybe just start over again.

Let me hear your thoughts. Ramps for our cars really are necessary to get it up safely and allow you to work under it.

Last edited:
I'll share what I did for tool and garage stuff storage...... Abt 6yrs ago I decided to add more storage space to my garage and looked at various "pre made" solutions then opted to build my own. I went onto Craigslist and began looking for ads for metal cabinets. My search was fruitful but it became very obvious that it would all be a mishmash of cabinets. However there were plenty of Ikea cabinets. I bought me a bunch at an avg cost of only $30 per single and 40 per unit for doubles. I cut the legs off, built my frames and hangers for them and I quite like the look of them and love amt of storage gained......

bench1.jpg
Bench2.jpg

Last edited:
I had a set of wooden ramps that lets say lacked that "quality" touch. Last year I built a new set that turned out really well, the car just eased up and the jack slid under the crossmember without touching any body work.

Then along comes one of those "alternative" thinkers and I am disappointed that I had not viewed this video before hand. Part of the problem with virtually any ramp it that they impede access under the car from the side. This guy figured out a solution and it seems to work well. Not sure if mine can be modified or maybe just start over again.

Let me hear your thoughts. Ramps for our cars really are necessary to get it up safely and allow you to work under it.

Big problem is my splitter on my '17 GS is only 4 inches above ground so will act like wedge when trying to roll front wheels up. Ramp needs modification that Black 03 Z06 can develop where the two top boards are separated from the base and then slid into place sideways when car is half way up the ramp. Maybe someone else can help with details besides removing splitter. None of this would have worked on my BAD 9T9 which had only 1.5 inches from the air dam to the road. I had a shaved 2 x 4 as a wheel stop that was only 1 3/8 inches thick. Maybe just use my low boy jack and stands.....lol

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'll share what I did for tool and garage stuff storage...... Abt 6yrs ago I decided to add more storage space to my garage and looked at various "pre made" solutions then opted to build my own. I went onto Craigslist and began looking for ads for metal cabinets. My search was fruitful but it became very obvious that it would all be a mishmash of cabinets. However there were plenty of Ikea cabinets. I bought me a bunch at an avg cost of only $30 per single and 40 per unit for doubles. I cut the legs off, built my frames and hangers for them and I quite like the look of them and love amt of storage gained......

View attachment 107844View attachment 107845
Nice job with the cabinets Paul. :thumbs:

I want to know why all the guys in the west get lifts and we in the east drive on pieces of wood? Did we miss a government grant or something? :ROFL:
How about a lift that needs wood?

Attachments

• PXL_20230404_144512640~2.jpg
    PXL_20230404_144512640~2.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 17
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.