I don't bother to take any of the coverages off during the winter...it only costs $500 for the full year for full coverage, so maybe save ~ $100 or so I'd say, and I dont have to call them in the spring when im ready to go back on the road.

I leave fire and theft on mine for the winter and just remove the public liability portion. Depending on when I put the PL back on and when I take it off, I average about $600 in savings each year so far.

I leave fire and theft on mine for the winter and just remove the public liability portion. Depending on when I put the PL back on and when I take it off, I average about $600 in savings each year so far.
Hi...I do the same...I try to drive my Vette for 8 months of the year...depending on when they salt the roads. I pay about $100/month during the year (through our regular insurance carrier...I drive the Vette as a daily commuter car...park it at our local GO station, take it grocery shopping on the weekends, etc)...and for the 4 months fire & theft only drops it down to $10/month...so worth the $400 approx savings.

Reactions: 12cents
My car insurance for the 2016 C7 is about 425-475$ for the whole year, I can't remember the exact number. For the next 5 years they refund the price paid of the car plus 5%. If it's parked 3 months the amount is 37$ total.
Jump all over that price man. That's dirt cheap. I pay double that in AB and BC is quite a bit more than that again.

Jump all over that price man. That's dirt cheap. I pay double that in AB and BC is quite a bit more than that again.

I did, I insured the car while it still belonged to the previous owner. If I'd bought a new 2019 it would of been 575$. My insurance rates are crazy cheap. I got lucky because I took that insurance when I was an employee through the company I worked for and that's is still the only way to get it.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
My car insurance for the 2016 C7 is about 425-475$ for the whole year, I can't remember the exact number. For the next 5 years they refund the price paid of the car plus 5%. If it's parked 3 months the amount is 37$ total.

That's an amazing price. good for you. Think I pay 3 times that much... lol

That's an amazing price. good for you. Think I pay 3 times that much... lol

Oh really! The unofficial father in law couldn't believe it either he has a regular toyota car and it cost him something like 750$. He asked me to call them a second time to make sure it wasn't a mistake. If the insurance would of been 3x more I would of reconsidered buying a C7, at least this year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.