Province
NS
Car covers on sale!
Category: Accessories
Deal Link: 17 ft Mid-Size Car Cover | Princess Auto
Retailer: Princess Auto
Sale Price: 39.99
Expiry Date: Oct 13, 2019

Description: I've been needing a car cover for the 88. But it sits in a heated garage, so I just needed something soft, reasonably durable for handling and most importantly: cheap!

Princess Auto has them on sale right now. If you just want a basic cover, one big enough for a C4 can be had for 39.99 right now. That's pretty cheap!

I went to look at them and while they seemed OK, I ended up buying the "HD" version for 69.99. in part because the extra 30 bucks gets you a higher weave count in the outer fabric, but mostly because the HD version has a second, softer layer inside. Unfortunately, the HD version was regular price, but even at full price, it's pretty hard to beat 69.99 for a decent cover.

Both versions have elastic front and rear sections, but the HD version also has grommets for bungee cords should you need them. The grommets are made of plastic, which is nice over having metal ones possibly scratching the paint when you put the cover on or the wind flaps it around.

It comes with an antenna "patch" for cars without a retractable antenna and a storage bag for the cover. The "patch" allows you to poke the antenna through the cover and then you stick the patch to the cover the keep the hole from ripping. The patch has a "pre-punched" hole for the antenna. My 88 has a retractable antenna, so no holes here! ;)

Both versions say "indoor/outdoor", but they both feel pretty light (the HD version less so). But it still feels light and flimsy. I don't know how much I'd trust these outside, at least not in a Canadian winter with cold winds and snow loads. But for indoors as a simple dust cover (or guard against crap that may spill/splash), it looks to be pretty hard to beat with what you get for the price.

Installed pics:

fr_4206_size880.jpg
fr_4205_size880.jpg

It's just a generic 17 footer, but it fits so well on the 88 that I don't think you wouldn't know it wasn't made for the 'Vette if had actual mirror cut outs for the doors.

My car is a convertible, but it looks like it would fit a coupe just as well.

Good deal, or at least I thought it was!

Approved by: Poll results

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread