I’m about to hibernate my one month old C8, which was ceramic coated 2 days ago. I’m looking at GM’s indoor Corvette cover which says not to use it on any new paint until 3 months has come and gone. I recall reading about that 3 months before on a Corvette Forum. The installer tells me to wait a week for the ceramic coating to cure. I assume after that I can use the cover, even before the 3 months, with the ceramic coating on. Anyone know for sure?

I’m about to hibernate my one month old C8, which was ceramic coated 2 days ago. I’m looking at GM’s indoor Corvette cover which says not to use it on any new paint until 3 months has come and gone. I recall reading about that 3 months before on a Corvette Forum. The installer tells me to wait a week for the ceramic coating to cure. I assume after that I can use the cover, even before the 3 months, with the ceramic coating on. Anyone know for sure?
Your car was likely painted more than three months ago. Personally I would wait a couple of weeks after getting it ceramic coated.

Thanks for that. No one suggested waiting for the paint to cure before applying Expel Ultimate and ceramic coating, so hopefully I’ll be OK and I’ve never had problems doing that with other new vehicles. As well, it’s a catch-22 since your odds of getting rock chips, increase the longer you wait to protect the paint.

I assume the company that installed your ceramic did it in a heated environment and let it cure in the heat for two days. For the first 48 hours the big thing with ceramic applications is NOT to expose your car to moisture. No water, rain or snow should touch the car.
After that you should avoid washing with soap for the first 5-7 days and no automatic car washes.
If the car has been exposed to a heated garage or shop since the application it will cure in a week, if a cold garage it should cure in two weeks. The ceramic coating will allow you to use your car cover right away, but you can still check your door sticker to see
your month of production just to put your mind at ease.

Reactions: LE BARON
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread