Aug 6, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS Convertible
Province
AB
According to Driving.ca
Pricing opens at $128,198 for the base-level 1LZ coupe; $138,198 for the 2LZ coupe; and $144,198 for the 3LZ coupe. Convertible versions of all three trims are also available for an additional $9,000 each, and all prices include the $2,298 destination freight charge.

According to Driving.ca
Pricing opens at $128,198 for the base-level 1LZ coupe; $138,198 for the 2LZ coupe; and $144,198 for the 3LZ coupe. Convertible versions of all three trims are also available for an additional $9,000 each, and all prices include the $2,298 destination freight charge.
So almost $212000 if you get everything, and include the various taxes including luxury tax. That’s a huge price increase over the Stingray for what seems to me to be not the same proportional increase in performance- but that’s just me. I’m sure if you’re going to track it, the changes will make a difference.

Question. Everything I’ve seen states the Z07 package requires the aero package, but can you get the aero package without Z07? Anyone know?

Wow, if the pricing is correct that means at the top end you are spending very close to 911 GT3 money. I love Vettes but I'd be surprised if the Z06 is better than a GT3, which can be had with a manual.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
According to Driving.ca
In my opinion those are not official Canadian prices, but just a blog that is writing about what has been going around on forums and Facebook groups since Friday.

In my opinion those are not official Canadian prices, but just a blog that is writing about what has been going around on forums and Facebook groups since Friday.
I agree. Likely just an educated guess. GM Canada's pricing is always a total mystery

If true, the Z06 is priced almost twice the cost of a basic C8. When you factor in the taxes it will be at least double for a basic Z06 compared to a basic C8. Hmmm ... this is going to be a tough decision. Porsche is starting to look like a viable alternative, especially given the number years I'd have to wait for a Z06. Porsche backlog is about 18 months. At least it gives me time to save, save, save.

If true, the Z06 is priced almost twice the cost of a basic C8. When you factor in the taxes it will be at least double for a basic Z06 compared to a basic C8. Hmmm ... this is going to be a tough decision. Porsche is starting to look like a viable alternative, especially given the number years I'd have to wait for a Z06. Porsche backlog is about 18 months. At least it gives me time to save, save, save.

What's the wait on a gt2 or gt3?

Last week I did the unthinkable (for a C8 fan) and test drove a "slightly" used Porsche 911 Turbo S (less than 11,000 km) with almost all the options, after learning that GM had choked off the C8 allocations coming to Canada. I thought it out of my price range compared to the expected Z06 cost...but now with the release of the Z06 pricing, I realize it's in that same range plus it's a tested design that comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

Now we're told that compared to Q1 2022, the C8 allocations coming to Canada were further reduced by 49% in Q2 2022 whereas in the States, their Q2 allocations increased by almost 8% (credit to GMAuthority):

To put this into perspective, realize that the 2022 Canadian allocations dropped by almost 50%, compared to 2021. So this drop keeps happening and I expect that to continue, as GM focuses on new countries/markets and keeps taking Canadian allocations to feed them.

How long does it take for repeated 50% Canadian allocation decreases to result in zero C8's being sold to Canada? :angry-argh:

Last week I did the unthinkable (for a C8 fan) and test drove a "slightly" used Porsche 911 Turbo S (less than 11,000 km) with almost all the options, after learning that GM had choked off the C8 allocations coming to Canada. I thought it out of my price range compared to the expected Z06 cost...but now with the release of the Z06 pricing, I realize it's in that same range plus it's a tested design that comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

Now we're told that compared to Q1 2022, the C8 allocations coming to Canada were further reduced by 49% in Q2 2022 whereas in the States, their Q2 allocations increased by almost 8% (credit to GMAuthority):

To put this into perspective, realize that the 2022 Canadian allocations dropped by almost 50%, compared to 2021. So this drop keeps happening and I expect that to continue, as GM focuses on new countries/markets and keeps taking Canadian allocations to feed them.

How long does it take for repeated 50% Canadian allocation decreases to result in zero C8's being sold to Canada? :angry-argh:
About the same chance as the sun failing to rise tomorrow. Zero! You’re saying a slightly used turbo S for the same price as a new Z06? You’re talking apples to oranges. Why are you not at the Porsche dealership putting your money down instead of ranting here?

About the same chance as the sun failing to rise tomorrow. Zero! You’re saying a slightly used turbo S for the same price as a new Z06? You’re talking apples to oranges. Why are you not at the Porsche dealership putting your money down instead of ranting here?
A porsche is just a VW with the springs removed!

A porsche is just a VW with the springs removed!
Don’t get me wrong, Porsche’s are fantastic cars! I loved mine, but don’t try and tell me that buying used compared to brand new is the same thing, because it is not! And do you really think GM will provide zero allocations to Canada? I’d be shocked if GM did not make a higher profit margin shipping to Canada as opposed to shipping across the pond.

Don’t get me wrong, Porsche’s are fantastic cars! I loved mine, but don’t try and tell me that buying used compared to brand new is the same thing, because it is not! And do you really think GM will provide zero allocations to Canada? I’d be shocked if GM did not make a higher profit margin shipping to Canada as opposed to shipping across the pond.
I agree, you can't compare brand new, newly released Z06 to a used, last gen, pre facelift 911.

Here’s what I found
iOS Image - 3622284804.png

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.