Oct 29, 2018
Port Colborne
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Stingray
Province
ON
I placed my order for a C8 on Thursday evening with Brian Cullens in St. Catharines, ON. The cost of the following colours in Canada is $995 ( Ceramic Matrix Grey, Elkhart Blue, Shadow Grey and Zeus Bronze) yet in the USA all of these colours are at no extra charge ? IMHO this makes absolutely no sense and the dealer had no explanation , as a matter of fact the salesman was not even aware of it. Does anyone know GM Canadas logic for this?

I got charged the 995 as well as another 680 for "color override" for choosing red interior (LT2)

One cannot compare the pricing in the USA and Canada.

Sure, paint can be an added cost of $995 in Canada and is free in the USA, but the Corvette as a whole is a mere $10,000, or 16% more in Canada than the USA. If we kept everything apples to apples, it should be $80,000 in Canada, not $69,898.

Other items that are different:

OPTIONUSDCAD (exchange)CAD (actual)
Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe$995$1,307$1,145
Z51$5,000$6,570$5,900
Battery Protection Package$100$131$115
Painted Calipers$595$782$695
Performance Exhaust$1,195$1,570$1,375
Center Caps$250$328$250
Magnetic Selective Ride Control$2,180$2,865$2,180
Carbon Flash-Painted Nacelles and Roof$1,295$1,702$1,495
High Wing Spoiler$1,150$1,511$425 or $670

So, as you can see, you're getting a bargain in a lot of different areas when purchasing your 2020 Corvette. If you want, you can pay the exact exchange rate of all of the options in your new Corvette and pay literally thousands more than what the MSRP is. If you go with this route, please buy your Corvette from me!

Last edited:
Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following for a while now. I read a comment question about whether you can amend your order once it hits the 3000 level, I received confirmation yesterday from
my dealer that a change I requested late last week was accepted by Chevrolet Corvette. My build date of April 6th remained unchanged, just an fyi

Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following for a while now. I read a comment question about whether you can amend your order once it hits the 3000 level, I received confirmation yesterday from
my dealer that a change I requested late last week was accepted by Chevrolet Corvette. My build date of April 6th remained unchanged, just an fyi

This is good news, but may not be the case for everyone. I imagine once the order hits the following event:

3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)

changes can no longer be made because, at this point, things are physically in motion to build the car. The next event after this,

3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE

the car is built.

Adding a C8 accelerate yellow , Z51, LT3 , high with spoiler, engine appearance package , red calipers , carbon black wheels , black carbon fibre full stripe, mag ride, front lift, black interior with yellow stitching, black exterior rockers, mirrors with black front appearance

I meant to send this picture with my last post, I currently have a 1977 white C3 (not pictured) 1998 C5 pace car 6 spd, 2005 50th convertible 6spd, 2007 C6 RF #357, and C8 I last post on order.

Attachments

• 77C48C05-1B5B-4F63-9D4B-36BECB36ABF3.jpeg
    77C48C05-1B5B-4F63-9D4B-36BECB36ABF3.jpeg
    892.8 KB · Views: 23
One cannot compare the pricing in the USA and Canada.

Sure, paint can be an added cost of $995 in Canada and is free in the USA, but the Corvette as a whole is a mere $10,000, or 16% more in Canada than the USA. If we kept everything apples to apples, it should be $80,000 in Canada, not $69,898.

Other items that are different:

OPTIONUSDCAD (exchange)CAD (actual)
Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe$995$1,307$1,145
Z51$5,000$6,570$5,900
Battery Protection Package$100$131$115
Painted Calipers$595$782$695
Performance Exhaust$1,195$1,570$1,375
Center Caps$250$328$250
Magnetic Selective Ride Control$2,180$2,865$2,180
Carbon Flash-Painted Nacelles and Roof$1,295$1,702$1,495
High Wing Spoiler$1,150$1,511$425 or $670

So, as you can see, you're getting a bargain in a lot of different areas when purchasing your 2020 Corvette. If you want, you can pay the exact exchange rate of all of the options in your new Corvette and pay literally thousands more than what the MSRP is. If you go with this route, please buy your Corvette from me!
Ok I am quite aware of the exchange rate and the difference in pricing to our benefit however there is still no logic whatsoever with charging Canadians 1000 dollars extra for something that you are getting in the states for free.
Also there is no extra charge for Importing these colours into Canada.

Just to clarify I was not complaining about the overall price of the C8 in Canada. I merely just want an explanation regarding the paint price being free in the USA and 995 in Canada. Once again there is no logic for this .

Nothing is "free". The Americans are paying for it in one way or another. Their market is different from ours. This could be one reason why our MSRP is lower: we accept that some things are chargeable to us, whereas the Americans are less accepting of chargeable items. They could have easily set the MSRP at $70,495 and made all the paints free. Would you complain if this was the case?

Thousands of people are paid thousands of dollars every year to determine what should be chargeable and how much they should be charged. Canadians put different values into different things. Yes, not everyone will agree, but what is set up is the general consensus.

Nothing is "free". The Americans are paying for it in one way or another. Their market is different from ours. This could be one reason why our MSRP is lower: we accept that some things are chargeable to us, whereas the Americans are less accepting of chargeable items. They could have easily set the MSRP at $70,495 and made all the paints free. Would you complain if this was the case?

Thousands of people are paid thousands of dollars every year to determine what should be chargeable and how much they should be charged. Canadians put different values into different things. Yes, not everyone will agree, but what is set up is the general consensus.
Ok once again I am just making an inquiry not a complaint

I paid more for my C7 LBR and it doesn't matter … as there's no explanation
I paid extra as well a year later for our C7 SBM and it doesn't matter … as there's no explanation

What does matter ???

Well, you keep that windshield sticker that lists the additional colour cost (if applicable)

Why ???

If you have no loss insurance and the adjuster tries to tell you there's no difference between White and Tricoat (as an example).
I had experience with this in 2013 and I won that part of the battle with my VIN# windshield sticker … on a write-off settlement.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: EJChevy
I agree with many points raised here. The exchange rate on USD is brutal. Even with the option costs to Canadians, we are getting a very attractive pricing model. They could have just added 30% to US pricing but did not. I think our pricing was great. I know my car as built would have cost more in the US pre-tax. Let’s talk about the tax bill in Ontario vs. Tax free in Alberta. That’s money. Haha.

I agree with many points raised here. The exchange rate on USD is brutal. Even with the option costs to Canadians, we are getting a very attractive pricing model. They could have just added 30% to US pricing but did not. I think our pricing was great. I know my car as built would have cost more in the US pre-tax. Let’s talk about the tax bill in Ontario vs. Tax free in Alberta. That’s money. Haha.

If we're going to talk about taxes, sure, Alberta doesn't have a sales tax, but your income tax for people making under $43k is also double what it is in Ontario. They get your money one way or another.

Reactions: ABC
Maybe the ol environmental tax? Seems like a money grab opportunity by the government. I have been dinged for shipping a car cross border simply because it had tires and AC. 😞

I placed my order for a C8 on Thursday evening with Brian Cullens in St. Catharines, ON. The cost of the following colours in Canada is $995 ( Ceramic Matrix Grey, Elkhart Blue, Shadow Grey and Zeus Bronze) yet in the USA all of these colours are at no extra charge ? IMHO this makes absolutely no sense and the dealer had no explanation , as a matter of fact the salesman was not even aware of it. Does anyone know GM Canadas logic for this?
The extra cost is because we put a 'u' in colour that they don't have in their 'color'.
By the way, did Brian Cullen give you any indication on delivery time?

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents and EJChevy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread