Featured Thread
Nov 1, 2019
the GTA
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Spider
Province
ON
Well today was the day. I can confirm that the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto was the OFFICIAL debut by GM Canada of the 2020 C8 Corvette.
We had exclusive access to the cars for two hours before it opened to the public. We got to sit in them, work the convertible top, put on an off the targa top, played with the electronic rear view mirror and a lot more.
They had two cars, a Rapid Blue non-Z51 Convertible and a Torch Red Z51. Both were in 3LT trim and both had EX VINs. We also had a guest speaker, Ron Fellows. He went over the car in pretty good detail. Apparently once you get your VIN you can sign up for the Ron Fellows driving school in Vegas. He says the regular price is $3600 USD for a two day weekend, but with the purchase of a C8 you get it for $1000 USD for those who are interested.
The reps also confirmed there is no hold on Z51 cars due to the tire issue. Apparently that is solved for the C8 and does not effect it.
Anyway, I don't wanna make this too long, I got a ton of pics I can upload. But as previously stated pictures do this car no justice. In real life it is low, wide and very exotic looking. Everybody was saying how much it looks like a Ferrari. The interior also looks amazing and that row of buttons looks like it belongs there. Nothing was out of place. The electronic rear view mirror works great. For myself, I found there to be better visibility in the convertible. I could see better out the back with the top up than I could in the coupe. Shoulder check was about the same in both. But the coupes rear visibility was hindered by the flat glass and then the slanted engine glass. I got a lot of glare coming off and I couldn't see as good out the back than the convertible. With the top down on the convertible there was no contest. It also looked like the non-Z51 sat about 1/2 lower than the Z51. Wheels looked good in there too, they could come out maybe 8mm but the offset looked pretty good. I liked the STI option on the coupe, that bit of black down there was a good contrast. Now for the colours. The Rapid Blue looked great when they took off the car cover for us. It immediately popped and was very stunning with the black nacelles and top, but after starring at it for a while the colour didn't do it for me anymore. By the way, there is NO separation on the nacelles to the engine bonnet. They are all moulded as one piece. We then moved to the Torch Red coupe and wow did that colour pop right out at ya. That's when everybody started calling it a Ferrari. I'm glad I went with Torch Red, that colour on the C8 is wild. This car will turn some heads for sure. And one more thing, that engine sits low in the back. To get a good look you gotta lean over and I can see that as a problem from onlookers that aren't paying attention and zippers and crap can damage the paint.
IMG_7281.JPG
IMG_7284.JPG
IMG_7285.JPG
IMG_7286.JPG
IMG_7291.JPG
IMG_7292.JPG
IMG_7303.JPG
IMG_7306.JPG
IMG_7328.JPG
IMG_7335.JPG
IMG_7336.JPG
IMG_7339.JPG
IMG_7341.JPG
IMG_7345.JPG
IMG_7348.JPG
IMG_7350.JPG
IMG_7351.JPG

^^^ For Kevin. This 488 had black wrap on the buttresses. It didn't look as nice as the paint on the C8. Plus the Ferrari has breaks in the buttresses where the wrap can tuck under. The C8 is NOT like this. It's all one piece with no breaks. So the wrap installer would have to do a clean cut line along the crease. Not too deep to cut into the paint.

• Winner
Reactions: OttawaKev
Looks great, I want one, maybe I`ll wait until `22 or so to get the kinks out.I had a `63 roadster with a lot of first year only parts and minor glitches.

They really do look great in person. All of my concerns about some of the lines and side scoops went away when I saw the car it person. It's one hot ride. It's gonna grab a lot of attention, especially if you get it in an eye catching "stand out" colour.

^^^ For Kevin. This 488 had black wrap on the buttresses. It didn't look as nice as the paint on the C8. Plus the Ferrari has breaks in the buttresses where the wrap can tuck under. The C8 is NOT like this. It's all one piece with no breaks. So the wrap installer would have to do a clean cut line along the crease. Not too deep to cut into the paint.
AWESOMENESS FROM THE SPARRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally a VIP guy!

Think I'm going Wednesday. Can't believe I'm going to spend $25 to go see a car I bought sight unseen...
When you see it in person you will say, "money well spent." It looks incredible in person, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: X-R8 and OttawaKev
Think I'm going Wednesday. Can't believe I'm going to spend $25 to go see a car I bought sight unseen...

So uncharacteristic of me :eek:.

I guess I'll make up for it by going Super Tuesday... $14. Already spent too much on the car.
I'll probably spend $30. to park my car down there though :rolleyes: .

• Haha
Reactions: X-R8 and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.