If the freight cost is the same whether it’s shipped to Toronto or to Baffin Island (if there was a GM dealer there) then why is it a separate line item and not included in the msrp?
A destination charge, often called a freight fee or freight delivery charge, ensures that new car buyers pay equally to cover the cost of delivering a vehicle to a dealership. Regardless of whether the dealership is nearby or far away from the vehicle assembly plant, this amount gets charged.
According to United States law, car delivery — transporting the vehicle from port or assembly plant to dealer showroom — always gets listed as a separate line item on a new-car window sticker. Automakers may use different names to describe it, but it always works the same way, with buyers covering the cost.

I have to laugh to myself when I hear the museum delivery buyers whine about having to pay to get the car moved a few miles away. I have to thanks those folks for keeping the delivery fee relatively low for the rest of the continent

Reactions: DougHGMC8
The charge is on every new vehicle of course and only fortunate not being variable and baaed on MSRP like sales tax is.
Like “toys” in the past, here’s a scary thought of new cars in the future getting this added to the label … 😂
68D09D38-A69A-49B4-B368-D7CBF412FAC7.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.