Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
I am still being asked for Canadian E-Ray Pricing which I provided for Denis to post at the beginning of July.
When you see the Canadian pricing released it will include freight which is expected to increase to $2495.
These base prices do not include freight, air tax or dealer fees. They do include the recent US price increase.
My sources are saying to expect all Canadian pricing to be released in the next two weeks.

1LZ Coupe $138,799 Cad
2LZ Coupe $146,299 Cad
3LZ Coupe $153,799 Cad

1LZ HTC 1LZ $147,799 Cad
2LZ HTC 2LZ $155,799 Cad
3LZ HTC 3LZ $162,799 Cad

The simple math to figure out how much more the E-Ray will cost compared to the Stingray is to build your Stingray and add $50,000 extra for the E-Ray.

Last edited:
On the face of it $50k seems a crazy differential to the Stingray but you do get:

-ceramic brakes
-Z06 body
-hybrid system with higher performance and AWD + +
Magnetic Ride Control as well. Cam, I honestly thought that these cars would split the difference pricing between a Stingray and a Z06. The additional cost to add an 80 pound electric motor, batteries and hardware/software I thought would cost us 25-30K extra.
The E-Rays aluminum frame weights 375 lbs which is good but the car still has a dry weight of 340 lbs more than the Z06, hence having to add the ceramic brakes to save weight. Those brakes in Canada are priced at $9775. When the cars frame was initially designed with the E-Ray in mind, I would like to ask and engineer what the cost is of the additional components to make the E-Ray? Perhaps we could open this discussion up to the engineers out there and see if they feel this car should be priced 50K more than the Stingray regardless of configuration, trims or options?

Magnetic Ride Control as well. Cam, I honestly thought that these cars would split the difference pricing between a Stingray and a Z06. The additional cost to add an 80 pound electric motor, batteries and hardware/software I thought would cost us 25-30K extra.
The E-Rays aluminum frame weights 375 lbs which is good but the car still has a dry weight of 340 lbs more than the Z06, hence having to add the ceramic brakes to save weight. Those brakes in Canada are priced at $9775. When the cars frame was initially designed with the E-Ray in mind, I would like to ask and engineer what the cost is of the additional components to make the E-Ray? Perhaps we could open this discussion up to the engineers out there and see if they feel this car should be priced 50K more than the Stingray regardless of configuration, trims or options?
I think the Stingray is such a run away success, they could off priced the base 1LT coupe for $130K such as base 911 coupe and it would still be reasonable. If that was the case then the current prices of E-Ray and Z06 would seem reasonable.

I think the Stingray is such a run away success, they could off priced the base 1LT coupe for $130K such as base 911 coupe and it would still be reasonable. If that was the case then the current prices of E-Ray and Z06 would seem reasonable.
Yes, as they were losing money on the 1LT's at the initial $59,995 base price in 2020.

I really don't understand the logic that places the E-Ray somewhere between a Stingray and a Z06.
Had GM brought out the E-Ray as significantly faster than the Z06, I'm wondering if the thought process would be different?
The logic is stemming from people wrongly thinking that the ERay is a replacement for Grand Sport model which was a base engine, wide body model in previous gens

Reactions: gfry
I really don't understand the logic that places the E-Ray somewhere between a Stingray and a Z06.
Had GM brought out the E-Ray as significantly faster than the Z06, I'm wondering if the thought process would be different?
It has been reported that the development costs of developing a world record breaking naturally aspirated engine from a blank sheet of paper far exceeded the development costs of developing the E-Ray as the car was designed with it in mind initially. That's where the logic part starts. The discussion here is on costing.
I agree with Denis, in the past we had a middle point with the Grand Sport. When GM recently renewed the trade mark on the Grand Sport name, perhaps wishful thinking that the E-Ray since the C8 was developed to accommodate it, would also be priced as a middle point. My question is, how much extra does it cost to produce and E-Ray over the Stingray? It sounds like you and Cam are going to get your E-Ray's faster than me so you will also be able to answer the question of was it worth it?

Denis I think you are right. I've always said the E-Ray is a Turbo S competitor or killer although the 911 is so damn quick and polished.

Scott my direct comparison for the E-Ray is the outgoing NSX which is a very underrated car with its tech and performance. I'm very curious to experience the E-Ray and see how it compares and performs. This car could be a hidden gem for street and potentially track use...

GM never lost money on the 1LT. think that rumor was created by some people who simply didn't understand accounting, and how amortization works
Please explain the amortization with GM only charging 60K for the car and how much profit they realized? I love hearing inside information.
Especially when they have announced a 12K and 18K price increase on the cars for us today. Unfortunately we are unable to get them at your prices.

Reactions: gfry and DenisC8
I just realized that a 2024 Z06 HTC 1LZ costs exactly the same as a 2024 E-Ray HTC 2LZ

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 7.52.56 PM.png

Reactions: CamsC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.