Here is a new twist. People on the Z06 list who now realize they may wait years to get a car are stepping in front of people on the waiting list for Stingrays because they were on the Z06 list before them!!!! So why does it not work the other direction????? It going to get even more ugly as dealers manipulate the "lists" they have and there is no oversight on the lists, who is where, who cuts the line.............................needs transparency.

Here is a new twist. People on the Z06 list who now realize they may wait years to get a car are stepping in front of people on the waiting list for Stingrays because they were on the Z06 list before them!!!! So why does it not work the other direction????? It going to get even more ugly as dealers manipulate the "lists" they have and there is no oversight on the lists, who is where, who cuts the line.............................needs transparency.
Dealers will not let z06 people switch to C8. Most z06 people already have a c8 or only want a z06. Sounds like you are speculating list manipulation. No one owes us transparency.

Where is/are the allocation list(s) published? Is it a once a month deal?
lists are not published, allocations are sometimes disclosed by dealers. GM has 2 allocations per month, corvettes are usually in the 1st allocation of every month.

at the end of the day, pick your dealer and hope you made a right choice.

2022 might be lowest Canadian c8 allocations year, even lower than 2020.
This "might" be true, but don't think it is carved in stone. Every MY so far has been extended.
Imagine the paperwork involved with dealers if allocations came in way less than they were told / expected.
GM will definitely extend the year if they want / need to.

I may be wrong but I do not think people on the Z06 lists will be waiting "years" for a car. My understanding is at least 30% of production will be allocated to Z06's and I think GM could do a much higher % in the first month or two of Z06 production just to get things going. Since most dealer Z06 lists are much shorter than Stingray lists those of us waiting for a Z06 will move up the lists faster than those on Stingray lists. When pricing is finally announced on the Z06 I suspect there may be some sticker shock and we may see a few Z06 list people decide it is too much (specially since the new luxury car tax will be kicking in on the portion of MRSP over $100k).

I may be wrong but I do not think people on the Z06 lists will be waiting "years" for a car. My understanding is at least 30% of production will be allocated to Z06's and I think GM could do a much higher % in the first month or two of Z06 production just to get things going. Since most dealer Z06 lists are much shorter than Stingray lists those of us waiting for a Z06 will move up the lists faster than those on Stingray lists. When pricing is finally announced on the Z06 I suspect there may be some sticker shock and we may see a few Z06 list people decide it is too much (specially since the new luxury car tax will be kicking in on the portion of MRSP over $100k).

So let's say your 30% is correct and let's say a dealership sold 80 C8's last year (common avg for Bill Spencer, Brian Cullen and maybe Wilson Niblett). This means they could possibly receive 24 cars...and knowing the large dealers their lists are up to 75 or 100 deep on the Z06. It will be years...

Assuming 2023 MY production gets underway in April as scheduled, and assuming minimal supply chain or covid disruptions to production this year (a big assumption given all the issues of the last two years) actual Corvette production for the 2023 model year should be substantially higher than for 2020, 2021, 2022 due to the considerably longer production year. The large dealers in Ontario could easily be back to allocations of 100 cars for 2023 MY. Given Chevrolet will want to produce as many Z06's as possible since they will be the most profitable Corvettes, I think the 30% Z06 proportion could be low, so a big Ontario dealer could see allocations of as many as 30-40 Z06's in 2023 MY.

I put in my Z06 deposit around 7 months ago when my 2022 Stingray allocation came through and was around #50 on one of the big dealer Z06 lists at that time. My wait time from deposit to dealer allocation on the Stingray was only 9 months (11 months to actually receiving the car). Some of the people on the Z06 lists will wait for the eRay (Grand Sport replacement) which is in the pipeline - I may be one of them if I like what I see when that car is announced some time over the next 12 months. Not expecting to see a Z06 allocation in 2023 MY, but reasonably hopeful it could be early in the 2024 MY.

Assuming 2023 MY production gets underway in April as scheduled,
2023 MY is not scheduled to start until the second week in May AND that has always been a tentative date. IMO it could easily get pushed into the 3rd or 4th week in May. Only GM knows for sure, but every year since the beginning of the C8 they have extended the model year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread