Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
Does anyone know outside of the museum delivery whereby you fly in , factory tour, commemorative items etc. and then typically drive it home. What options are there if you still want it shipped directly to the dealership instead of driving it back home? I would like to to do the factory tour and love to see my car , do the song and dance but really don't wish to drive it until I do the front end wrap and ceramic coat. Any idea on options?

David,
Sadly no. GM considers the delivery to us the end of their responsibility when it comes to transportation of your car.
Once the car comes to us you would have to arrange for transportation home after your delivery using your preferred carrier and paying the expense. The transportation of the vehicle after a delivery is the customers responsibiity. We do have a list of carriers we can provide for you to shop around on the price of such an expense.

Does anyone know outside of the museum delivery whereby you fly in , factory tour, commemorative items etc. and then typically drive it home. What options are there if you still want it shipped directly to the dealership instead of driving it back home? I would like to to do the factory tour and love to see my car , do the song and dance but really don't wish to drive it until I do the front end wrap and ceramic coat. Any idea on options?
Canadian purchasers can not get a museum delivery as Canadian cars are manufactured for export only and must be shipped directly out of the country by the manufacturer. They also must go through the normal channels for the export and import of goods. The option of having a photographer follow your build and then send you a book of the photographs used to be available when I purchased my first C7 in 2014 but not sure if it is still available. At that time it cost around $5000 US. Best option is to just make a trip to Kentucky and get in a plant tour and a trip to the museum as part of a general vacation. Make sure to check that plant tours are available during your planned visit. They do have spells where they are not available. We plan to do a tour on our way back home from Florida in April. Have already done the plant tour once and the museum twice when they were building C7s. For those in southern Ontario the plant is only about a 10 hour drive.

Reactions: gone
Yes, what @DavidWG said very well.
I opted for the picture book. It was ~ $1000.00 CDN.
It is nicely done.
Given what I spent on some options the $1000 does not sound too bad. One option that I did think was over priced but I am very glad I got was the protective floor mats, frunk and trunk liners - look identical to WeatherTech and just as good a quality. Love them and they make a real difference if you tour a lot. I did 15,000 this past summer. I also ordered the optional high end carpeted floor mats. They are nice but I only use them at car shows and they were fairly expensive. I would not order those again. The micro fiber or suede like steering wheel is also very nice but not sure it was worth the $600+ price. So far not showing any signs of wear - so far. I do make a habit of cleaning it with a suede cleaner and alight brush whenever I clean the interior which is several times a season.

Given what I spent on some options the $1000 does not sound too bad. One option that I did think was over priced but I am very glad I got was the protective floor mats, frunk and trunk liners - look identical to WeatherTech and just as good a quality. L
Salesman in the bathroom: Just as good as Weathertech. Just as good as Weathertech. Just as good as Weathertech.
(In Showroom)
Customer: Are these floormat's as good as Weathertech?
Salesman: No!
LOL
I got weathertech trunckliner from BuyKippScottParts for a lot less than MSRP $128

• Haha
Reactions: DavidWG
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.