Nov 24, 2018
PEI
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Corvette
Province
PEI
Anybody have pic of front mount camera on C6 ???? somewhere inconspicuous
for my 2010 rear Camera I drilled a 1/4 hole in centre of rear approx 1" right of trunk key slot barely visible and looks stock
pic to follow soon

oh yes I also installed a Pioneer 1550 AVG no nav apple play is better

Anybody have pic of front mount camera on C6 ???? somewhere inconspicuous
for my 2010 rear Camera I drilled a 1/4 hole in centre of rear approx 1" right of trunk key slot barely visible and looks stock
pic to follow soon

oh yes I also installed a Pioneer 1550 AVG no nav apple play is better
I have a 2010 gs and I mounted mine in the front spoiler, works good but the camera lenses takes a beating from road debris.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
What do you want it to do? If it is to prevent parking curb hits, then mount it on top of the center air dam using the existing mounting bolt.
Front camera mount.jpg

If you want it as a dash cam affair, then anywhere behind the grill will work. That would require removing the front bumper, which is not that difficult to do.
front  camera.jpg

I'm not sure what Bob did, but I ran my cable on the driver side under the coolant expansion tank, along the edge under the brake booster through a hole that I drilled just above the dead pedal, then to the monitor, in my case was mounted inside the sunvisor.
Once the wires were run through the hole above the DP. I used duct seal to seal off the hole so no water would enter.
front camera monitor on sunvisor.jpg

Reactions: RockyPM
I'm not sure what Bob did, but I ran my cable on the driver side under the coolant expansion tank, along the edge under the brake booster through a hole that I drilled just above the dead pedal, then to the monitor, in my case was mounted inside the sunvisor.
Once the wires were run through the hole above the DP. I used duct seal to seal off the hole so no water would enter.
View attachment 36173
Ran mine through grommet under battery

Reactions: RockyPM
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread