LuckyGuy

Casual User
You're 5
Nov 25, 2015
Huntsville, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z51
Took delivery of a 2021 coupe on May 6th after a 16 month wait since ordering it in January 2020. A lovely car and very well built. But I couldn't get comfortable at all in the seat, I didn't like the relative lack of visibility, and the automatic tranny just wasn't my cup of tea. So I sold it on May 15th.

Don't miss it one bit. So glad that I held onto my 2019 Z06 Callaway M7 Z06. That car will never be sold barring some major unforeseen life changes. Same thing for my '66 coupe.

I'm happy for the folks who are in love with their C8s. It just wasn't the car for me. All good! :)

Jun-28-19.jpg

Oct-18-2017.JPG

Took delivery of a 2021 coupe on May 6th after a 16 month wait since ordering it in January 2020. A lovely car and very well built. But I couldn't get comfortable at all in the seat, I didn't like the relative lack of visibility

I was out for a drive a couple of days ago and had a similar thought about the seats. I went with the competition seats, so they are aggressive to begin with, but I think GM could take some lessons from Porsche, as their 18 way seats are sublime. The comp seats have a lack of adjustability, which leads to driver fatigue after a few hours. If the bolsters were fully adjustable, that would be a game changer for me.

But I'm not ready to sell anything yet!

Hi i understand you i am thinking the same as you , i will not get a C8 and keep my Z06 2019 so powerfull wonderfull and manual , your red one is very clean and nice .👍

Took delivery of a 2021 coupe on May 6th after a 16 month wait since ordering it in January 2020. A lovely car and very well built. But I couldn't get comfortable at all in the seat, I didn't like the relative lack of visibility, and the automatic tranny just wasn't my cup of tea. So I sold it on May 15th.

Don't miss it one bit. So glad that I held onto my 2019 Z06 Callaway M7 Z06. That car will never be sold barring some major unforeseen life changes. Same thing for my '66 coupe.

I'm happy for the folks who are in love with their C8s. It just wasn't the car for me. All good! :)

View attachment 82053
View attachment 82054
Totally understand where you are coming from. Haven't drove the C8 yet but love the creature comforts of my C7. Wifey and I like to take off for couple weeks at a time and drive 8000 kms. Sometimes up to 800 km in a longer day. Comfort is front nd center so interesting, your take on the seats as the C7 seats are great for any length of a$$ time in them. And then there's the "Honey. Reach back and grab me a soda out of the cooler... ". Right there is the main reason I would refrain from owning one. Can't throw your jacket, a cooler, a bag of chips...nothing back there as there is no back there... Great for bombing around town or a couple hour run but I want more than it can offer me. And of course, there's my three pedals... lol...Just my opinion and not to be taken wrong cause the C8 looks great and no disregard for the car or the boys and girls that own them.

Whatever gets you to your happy place is the right ride for you! The C8 is my first Corvette and I love it! But I also have a manual transmission 2007 Mazdaspeed6, all wheel drive, 274 hp, which is a hoot to drive and I would never think of getting rid of it, even if it costs more to maintain than it's worth!

View attachment 82053
View attachment 82054
I hear you, the same reason I did not upgrade to a C7 from my C6 GS. The C7 just felt tighter than mine. I was going to get a C8 but was waiting for the Z06 to be available and then…well let’s just say the government and the new tax put the brakes on that. It is tough enough to pay the 11% tax here in Saskatchewan but the extra 20% in taxes, well screw them. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna give them more money to give away to people who aren’t working for a living. I will hang onto my C6 and use the money I would’ve spent on a new Corvette to travel and spend the money outside of Canada when it is safe to travel again. You can hate me for my opinion but it is my opinion like it’s my money.

Attachments

• DB60A644-2C99-4F3A-A228-A89C35832F74.jpeg
    DB60A644-2C99-4F3A-A228-A89C35832F74.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 37

View attachment 82053
View attachment 82054
That's funny, I sold my '63 split window because it was very uncomfortable to drive for any distance and love how comfortable
my C8 is. I don't mind the auto, if I want to thrash some gears I still have my Z06.

I hear you, the same reason I did not upgrade to a C7 from my C6 GS. The C7 just felt tighter than mine. I was going to get a C8 but was waiting for the Z06 to be available and then…well let’s just say the government and the new tax put the brakes on that. It is tough enough to pay the 11% tax here in Saskatchewan but the extra 20% in taxes, well screw them. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna give them more money to give away to people who aren’t working for a living. I will hang onto my C6 and use the money I would’ve spent on a new Corvette to travel and spend the money outside of Canada when it is safe to travel again. You can hate me for my opinion but it is my opinion like it’s my money.
You are 100% correct!

After three weeks of driving last fall I had the same thoughts, I.e. the base seats seemed to bother my shoulders, and I was uncertain about the lack of a third pedal. I seriously considered a quick resale as the HTC prices seemed to indicate a significant profit potential. Having driven it now for a full two months this spring, I have no doubts or concerns. The seats seem to fit me perfectly even after a stressful 7 hour drive, and I use the manual mode 90% of the time. I will be keeping my other manual sports cars for the time being, but I have not even pulled the covers off them yet. Love your 60’s cars, on the bucket list...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.