Aug 21, 2011
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2008 Z51
hi, i don t get on the site too much, but maybe someone can help out.

am looking at a car in Calgary and i m in Ontario. looks like a mint car and i talked to the owner. seems straight up about it, told me a bit of history on it, 2nd owner.
am wondering if there is a service or something along that line out there that could look at the car and do a somewhat pre purchase inspection ? i really don t want to contact shops or dealers, even tho i am sure some of them know it is for sale.

tia Al

i guess i don t need anyone to look at it, had someone lined up and asked the seller if we could set it up and have somone look at it
"i m not into letting strangers in my garage"
not sure how he plans on selling it. strange.
thanks for looking

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Guess you have to earn the guys trust first. Perhaps ask if he will bring it to a dealer lot or the like and let your guy inspect it it a public place. 10 degree forecasts for Calgary and the roads are dry.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Wow … how unexpectedly disappointing that response is … a rather huge let-down in the process of this find,
however a rather simple request of yours may have averted a much larger disappointment for you down the road … :Shrug2:

A quick response might have been … "can you just pull it out of the garage then for my trusted-confidant to look at?"
would be understandable for the Seller to say no test driving as there are rocks everywhere in YYC ...
but that leading response of this Seller for viewing really does have spidy-senses tingling big-time ...

Last edited:
While agree that the seller seems to be trying to discourage buyers it might be worth telling him that any person you sent to look at it would also be a Corvette owner with a desire to protect your possible investment. If he is still reluctant it is likely he is not on the up & up. I'll be around Calgary for another week and would be happy to check it out if he changes his mind. I'd also be willing to call him directly if you think that would help. There are two C5 Z06's currently listed on autotrader in the Calgary area. 2004 has been listed for 6 weeks and looks nice in the pictures.
Bob

You could also send him a link to this thread to show we are not "tire kickers" trying to steal his C5, but members of "your Family" trying to help you both accomplish what you seek.

I really do like the 2004 as my son and I were at the NCM in 2003 when they unveiled it at the Birthday Bash. We drove there twice in my 2000 "BMBLBEE" and had a blast both times.

If I wasn't retired and poor I'd go after it myself and give it to my son.

P1010202.JPG
P1010214.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread