Jul 13, 2017
Bruce county, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
'17 Z51 (sold)
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a C7 at a Calgary area GM dealership. From reading a bit around here it seems they have a poor reputation. If you have some personal experience with dealers in Calgary, would you mind sending me a PM, or reply here and I'll send you a PM.

On a similar note, if anyone is maybe willing to go check out a Corvette for me before I potentially purchase and get it shipped to the Toronto area, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks for any input you have.

Should be someone around here that can help you out. I think there may be a couple good dealers in calgary, however dealers seem to keep doing things to aggravate potential customers for some reason.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a C7 at a Calgary area GM dealership. From reading a bit around here it seems they have a poor reputation. If you have some personal experience with dealers in Calgary, would you mind sending me a PM, or reply here and I'll send you a PM.

On a similar note, if anyone is maybe willing to go check out a Corvette for me before I potentially purchase and get it shipped to the Toronto area, I would be extremely grateful.

I'm not familiar with the Calgary dealers but we certainly have some members in the area that will likely pick up on this thread and be able to comment. I think @SN-III for sure is one that has some experience in that area. Good Luck. Hope it all comes together for you. :thumbs:

Reactions: YFCvii
Hi everyone,

Here’s a good deal on a new Z06

2017 Z06 | Cars & Trucks | St. Albert | Kijiji

Reactions: Rruuff Day
That is a great deal. Getting into a Z06 for under 90k... Tough to spend that much money without it being at least a 2LZ though... The little extras spoil the living h&ll out of us.... I'm not sure I could be without the PDR especially anymore....lol....

Hi everyone,

If your considering a used Corvette this is the best place I’ve ever found. Bought a 15 Z06 from this guy and was totally satisfied. He only sells high end vehicles and in a totally transparent manner. Highly recommended Shaun and would buy from him again in a second. He took my 13Z on trade and for a good price. The reviews are real as that’s what his business is exactly like.

Envision Auto - Calgary Luxury Car Sales - Lexus Corvette Mercedes Hummer SUV H2 Z06

Although G-ForceJunkie is most likely not interested in this one,
I find the advertisement interesting for a couple of reasons...
1-Says the Z06 is Used yet pricing is based from the $105k MSRP (which is likely a Dealership IT brain-fart - being the Z06 is most likely Brand New)
2-Discount is $17k for Cash but only $10k with 0% financing - which tells me the financing costs are $7k (for a 0% rate)
Wonder what the discount would be with their 4.99% financing.

Although G-ForceJunkie is most likely not interested in this one,
I find the advertisement interesting for a couple of reasons...
1-Says the Z06 is Used yet pricing is based from the $105k MSRP (which is likely a Dealership IT brain-fart - being the Z06 is most likely Brand New)
2-Discount is $17k for Cash but only $10k with 0% financing - which tells me the financing costs are $7k (for a 0% rate)
Wonder what the discount would be with their 4.99% financing.

Good pick up there Spence. I noticed the new / used gaff but never looked beyond. Reminds me of the W5 thing... :Shrug2:

I bought my truck from that dealer a few months ago. That is not used, but is new, as Spence with no R says. And "The Ole Guy™" is exactly right about the 1LZ package. They had 3 Z06's in there in the fall and 2 moved on good deals. This one didn't because who the hell wants to spend that kind of money and then get a base 1LZ package. Why they even offered a 1LZ in a top end model like the Z06 is beyond me. They might as well be asking "This is our top end model and you have have made a great choice. Now, let's talk options. Would you like a steering wheel with that?"

I find very interesting points in the discussion above ...
The fully loaded and light loaded on-lot inventory is what I believe is the General Sales Manager's dilemma for success each year
There is one stand-alone dealership here in Calgary that sold-out light loaded Corvette inventory and their fully loaded didn't seem to move.
At the same time, another stand-alone dealership in Calgary did not appear to have on-lot lightly loaded Corvettes at all.
It just seems like a roll-of-the-dice as this particular light-loaded Z06 is near to being the last of inventory for the dealer
$_59.jpg
and yet when I look at the last-in-inventory at a nearby dealership it's a fully loaded Stingray
and all their other 44 lightly loaded inventory, GS and Z06 & 2018's all have owners
15444450555x640.jpg
It surely has everything to do with the buyer ... which I give the most credit to as far as each reaching their points of New Corvette-buying Satisfaction.
It is my intention when purchasing a vehicle that I don't end up wishing it had more in it.
My test of tolerance on this comes real soon when I shop a vehicle with a teenaged new driver that may need to have the "compromises"​

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I find very interesting points in the discussion above ...
The fully loaded and light loaded on-lot inventory is what I believe is the General Sales Manager's dilemma for success each year
There is one stand-alone dealership here in Calgary that sold-out light loaded Corvette inventory and their fully loaded didn't seem to move.
At the same time, another stand-alone dealership in Calgary did not appear to have on-lot lightly loaded Corvettes at all.
It just seems like a roll-of-the-dice as this particular light-loaded Z06 is near to being the last of inventory for the dealer
View attachment 12859
and yet when I look at the last-in-inventory at a nearby dealership it's a fully loaded Stingray
and all their other 44 lightly loaded inventory, GS and Z06 & 2018's all have owners
View attachment 12860
It surely has everything to do with the buyer ... which I give the most credit to as far as each reaching their points of New Corvette-buying Satisfaction.
It is my intention when purchasing a vehicle that I don't end up wishing it had more in it.
My test of tolerance on this comes real soon when I shop a vehicle with a teenaged new driver that may need to have the "compromises"​

Exactly. I talk to and read from many guys who have no interest in having anything but the base level options. For some it’s budget and others just want the performance of the sports car and consider the bells and whistles a waste. Consider the Z28 a few years ago came bare bones and had A/C as an option. Or the Demon has a passenger seat as an option. (Ok not apples to apples comparison).
I want all the creature comforts and have regrets every time I do not. I’m still irrationally coveting the dual roof option on my new car which is about the only thing it doesn’t have beside some decals which I just don’t care for.
I admire people who are patient and factory order the car configured exactly the way they want it. I seem to want everything and instantly....
These 1LT lot cars sell so people are buying them. It is interesting how some lots have an abundance of differing trim levels. Some more loaded and some base. Maybe it’s the colors... I’m sure someone knows the algorithms behind that.

That is a great deal. Getting into a Z06 for under 90k... Tough to spend that much money without it being at least a 2LZ though... The little extras spoil the living h&ll out of us.... I'm not sure I could be without the PDR especially anymore....lol....

It is a 2ZL....msrp $105K.....so 16% off msrp........ decent discount but seeing up to 20% at some dealerships............ cashback went up to $7800 this past week from $5200 the week before. I'm really curious what happens in DEC along with the usual "ring and win" promo....... Competition Chevy in Stony Plain for those interested! I'll drive it home for a buyer at no cost!

It is a 2ZL....msrp $105K.....so 16% off msrp........ decent discount but seeing up to 20% at some dealerships............ cashback went up to $7800 this past week from $5200 the week before. I'm really curious what happens in DEC along with the usual "ring and win" promo....... Competition Chevy in Stony Plain for those interested! I'll drive it home for a buyer at no cost!

Wow some good deals now! Fantastic :thumbs:

Wow some good deals now! Fantastic :thumbs:
Yep, still many MY2017 C7's on dealers lots:

Here's one in Airdrie,AB at 18% off:

2017 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 0% FINANCING, STING RAY, BOSE AUDIO for sale in AIRDRIE - Davis Chevrolet Airdrie

Another really base one in Regina for almost 18%:

2017 Chevrolet Corvette for sale in Regina, Saskatchewan

And this same dealer has a great deal for a loaded Z06:

2017 Chevrolet Corvette for sale in Regina, Saskatchewan 14% off but bet they would do better

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.