Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I came across these images not sure what to think other then life would be grand if they at all represented the new C9 :) .
Does it make sense to plop down another few grand on a deposit for the next generation now? Will a dealer take your money?
Many are saying it will be a new revised small block v8 - will it be the flat plane V8 out of the Z06? or a stepped down lower HP version thereof?
Something different to talk about other then PPF :)

Attachments

• c9-render-1.PNG
    c9-render-1.PNG
    399.6 KB · Views: 281
  • c9-render-2.PNG
    c9-render-2.PNG
    415 KB · Views: 40
  • c9-render-3.PNG
    c9-render-3.PNG
    670 KB · Views: 40
  • c9-render-4.PNG
    c9-render-4.PNG
    793.4 KB · Views: 41
  • c9-render-5.PNG
    c9-render-5.PNG
    549.4 KB · Views: 40
  • c9-render-6.PNG
    c9-render-6.PNG
    570.6 KB · Views: 38
  • c9-render-7.PNG
    c9-render-7.PNG
    536.3 KB · Views: 36
  • c9-render-8.PNG
    c9-render-8.PNG
    339.6 KB · Views: 39
My wager is on the C9 Corvette to be an "all-electric" generation. The C8 will be the last of the ICE Corvettes with its smattering of in-between gas/electric to "help" with the transition.
GM has stated at the museum thing that it will be an ICE.

GM has stated at the museum thing that it will be an ICE.

You're right Murray. Good thing I didn't make an actual bet...I thought GM announced the C9 would be an all-electric generation.

I missed out reading the recent January articles on the C9 which all say it will be an ICE and perhaps a hybrid starting in 2028 for the 2029 MY, with GM going with its "all-electric" mandate in 2035:

I wonder now if the C8 Z06 will truly be the "last of the naturally-aspirated ICE Corvettes". If not, that may see its popularity/price drop when the C9 generation debuts and becomes the latest Corvette flavour. This may be similar to the past Superman Comics, heralding the "Death of Superman", only to see him resurrected following a wildly sought-after and expensive comic book splash, mourning his "untimely demise". Over to you GM (aka: General Money-maker").

Reactions: 2020C8#49
I came across these images not sure what to think other then life would be grand if they at all represented the new C9 :) .
Does it make sense to plop down another few grand on a deposit for the next generation now? Will a dealer take your money?
Many are saying it will be a new revised small block v8 - will it be the flat plane V8 out of the Z06? or a stepped down lower HP version thereof?
Something different to talk about other then PPF :)
I think Acura should make the car in the pictures- looks too much like the original NSX

Reactions: Neils
I’m number #3 for the C9. I’ll probably get an allocation during the final year run for the C8 but with every passing year, I’m losing interest. Never would I have imagined myself waiting 4 years to get a Chevrolet. I really wish another manufacturer like Dodge had something to compete with the Vette for the same price point.

FYI: C8 Corvette will be built through 6/30/2028, after which the C9 Corvette is slated to enter production on 7/10/2028 and be built until 6/29/2035
Good guess. A Corvette generation is typically 6-8 years. I think this one will go 8 also, due the relentless demand and variants never seen before.

But then there was the 1983 Corvette. Who remembers that one?

I'm with scraze66 I cannot believe with the global success that the c8 is receiving that another major player is not fast on its heels! To think it's been 3 years since it arrived and still no real competition seems mind boggling to me. The push out dates keep coming and the demand as many have said will begin to fall off. I do hope if it does happen to be ICE as the general consensus appears to be ,that by then if my health and pocket book hold up I might find a C8 z06 to trade out for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.